Evernote to RescueTime

TK0047

I have RescueTime premium and you can add highlights to your day from other apps which is really helpful to see what you have worked on and what you have accomplished. For example, with IFTTT, my completed Todoist tasks show up in RescueTime.

However, I was not able to locate a IFTTT from Evernote to RescueTime for the highlights. Zappier seems to have something which I was using however, I need to purchase the Zappier upgrade which I am not planning on doing.

First, I think any windows user should really look into RescueTime as a start. 

Second, anybody has any info on creating highlights in RescueTime from Evernote creates notes or completed reminders? Would be nice to have a direct integration in my opinion.

• Level 5*

I can see the attraction,  but there are a zillion to-do and time management apps and I'd question whether any current non-rescuetime users would welcome having that process thrust on them.  Yes it could be an optional buy-in,  but then users would want to know why their own preferred provider wasn't another option. 

I think Evernote wants to be 'apolitical' in the general time management area - it's an ideal database to store task details,  and is available to any app provider that wishes to offer an integration.  Also I don't see what benefit it would offer to Evernote to do the work of driving one or more integrations from its point of view - there's no obvious attraction for new users.

As to automation of highlights,  I'd suggest approaching Rescuetime's support - they should know what apps best suit their processes...

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, TK0047 said:

Second, anybody has any info on creating highlights in RescueTime from Evernote creates notes or completed reminders? Would be nice to have a direct integration in my opinion.

No direct integration but Evernote is IFTTT enabled.  The triggers are adding a tag; moving to  a notebook.

Archived