Sharing Stacks / Folder Hierarchies

gazumped

• Level 5*

Two strong caveats:  Don't get your hopes up.  This is a Beta we're talking about,  and one I've not used in anger yet,  so I could be very wrong.  But Evernote just introduced a new Business beta with a feature called 'Spaces'.

Where previously you had Stacks,  containing Notebooks,  containing Notes,  you can now have Spaces.. containing Notebooks,  containing Notes.  What's the difference? (I hear you ask).  You can apparently share spaces.

So far this is between members of the same business account,  and Spaces are not (yet,  and AFAIK) shareable to other accounts.  But between partners,  and within small businesses,  it seems to me Evernote Business just got a whole lot more interesting.

(Remember though that the Business client requires somewhat more admin than a personal account!)

Don't know where Evernote is going with this,  and I don't mean to hijack the official threads.  But I don't usually look at the Business stuff that comes across my screen - I'm not a user,  am happy with the accounts I have (premium plus a couple of basics) and didn't need the extra learning curve in my timeline without a very good reason to change.  I hadn't heard of Spaces until it was trailed in a recent Mac update, but on first glance it does seem to have some very useful applications when sharing (to colleagues),  and possibly also in project management and GTD - see the video in the first link above.  I shall be making the switch soon...

There may also be hierarchy implications - it's easy to make new spaces and add notebooks,  and I don't yet know whether that makes things more flexible or not; but I'm keen to find out.

I wanted to post this in the General thread so other Business post skippers will see the item,  but if you do have any reactions after using the Business client,  please post them in the appropriate thread (see the home page).

Edited for accuracy.

Another edit to include this link...

• Level 5*
On 2/17/2018 at 6:12 AM, gazumped said:

Where previously you had Stacks,  containing Notebooks,  containing Notes,  you can now have Spaces.. containing Notebooks,  containing Notes.  What's the difference? (I hear you ask).  You can apparently share spaces.

If that's the case, then that's a nice feature to have, as you cannot share Stacks (but probable more appropriate for the Business case; wonder whether that will be a distinguishing feature, and unavailable on standard Evernote?). Whether you'll be able to nest Spaces is a different matter. Remains to be seen...

Archived