How do I get Evernote to open to all notes? Opens to old Notebook

For some reason, when I open Evernote lately, it opens to a notebook that I'm no longer actively using. It doesn't matter if I've been working in other notebooks. It keeps opening to this one. And what I really want it to do is open to all notes, which is most useful to me at the moment.

No, it's not that big a deal to click on All Notebooks, but it is a nuisance, especially since this notebook is no longer active.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, jefito said:

The F6 shortcut key will get you there quicker than clicking on All Notebooks, should gazump's advice not work...

As long as one hasn't changed the shortcut key in options.  ;)

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, CalS said:

As long as one hasn't changed the shortcut key in options.  ;)

OK, fair enough. And you can feel free to run a marathon next week, so long as you haven't chopped your own toes off... 

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, jefito said:

You can use the Evernote preset key to do the thing, so long as you haven't changed it... :) 

Okay, just wondering about the self mutilation for a marathon when I know I wouldn't make it through the first mile.  :D

I can't remember because it has been a while, but I think the F6 at one point worked even if EN wasn't the app in focus, could be wrong.  Anyway I changed it when F6 wouldn't work from some other apps.  That has since stopped working as well so now I use a PhraseExpress hotkey to start some searches from anywhere.  Hence the caveat.  Or I could have been just as confused as all get out back when.

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, CalS said:

Okay, just wondering about the self mutilation for a marathon when I know I wouldn't make it through the first mile.  :D

It was kind of a stretched analogy, I'll give you that.

22 hours ago, CalS said:

I can't remember because it has been a while, but I think the F6 at one point worked even if EN wasn't the app in focus, could be wrong.  Anyway I changed it when F6 wouldn't work from some other apps.  That has since stopped working as well so now I use a PhraseExpress hotkey to start some searches from anywhere.  Hence the caveat.  Or I could have been just as confused as all get out back when.

As far as I can tell, the global shortcut for "Find in Evernote" (I think the default is Win+Shift+F, at least that's what mine is, and I haven't changed it) will work if Evernote isn't the active application. These are the shortcuts that appear in the Evernote Helper's right-click menu, and are configurable from there, or in the main app via Tools / Options / Shortcut Keys.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, jefito said:

As far as I can tell, the global shortcut for "Find in Evernote" (I think the default is Win+Shift+F, at least that's what mine is, and I haven't changed it) will work if Evernote isn't the active application. These are the shortcuts that appear in the Evernote Helper's right-click menu, and are configurable from there, or in the main app via Tools / Options / Shortcut Keys.

Huh, after all these years....  Never thought about it enough to realize there was a difference to the in EN F6 and the Shortcut key in options.  Duh, learn something every day, thanks.  :)

Archived