Split scanned documents

Having scanned a bunch of documents using ScanSnap they often get saved into Evernote as a single file. 

It would be very VERY useful to be able to extract every page from the file as separate notes,   also to be able to combine selected notes into a single document.

Hi Paul.

If your single file is going into 1 Evernote note as 1 PDF, the easiest way will be to download the PDF and then save pages separately in Acrobat (Win) or Preview (OS X). Then drag those files back into Evernote to create new separate "Evernotes."

If your single file is actually going from ScanSnap into 1 Evernote as several images (JPEG/GIF), you can just drag each page to your Evernote icon or "new note" to create new, separate Evernote notes.

To combine selected notes, just select them all in one of the Note view options, and then click "Merge Notes." Evernote will insert a large header between each containing the title of each original note.

Please let me know if this helps or you have other questions.

• Level 5*
On 1/2/2018 at 5:57 AM, pauladamsuk said:

Having scanned a bunch of documents using ScanSnap they often get saved into Evernote as a single file. 

It would be very VERY useful to be able to extract every page from the file as separate notes,   also to be able to combine selected notes into a single document.

Best tool for this job is a PDF editor, EN does not do it.  You can prevent this by creating a profile for the ScanSnap that saves scans to separate files.

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-02 at 4:57 AM, pauladamsuk said:

When I'm scanning (Scannable in IOS), I stop at the end of a set and Save; otherwise I end  up with a single pdf file.  I do have the option of separate image files for each page

After that, splitting is not an Evernote function.  As @Cals said, you would need a PDF editor app.  The only alternative I can see is to take screenshots as you're viewing the combined pdf file.

Archived