Include "#" in the search

I tried searching for notes that had #FU (stands for follow up).  I use #FU to identify specific lines for follow up.  I do NOT use them as evernote tags.

However, Evernote keeps returning back all notes with "FU" in them and not just "#FU".  Needless to say, that search result is useless to me and would require lot of time to go through all notes just to find my #FU markings.

I tried using quotes as in "#FU".  But that did not help either.  Can someone tell me what am I missing?

K

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, kkrathi said:

Evernote keeps returning back all notes with "FU" in them and not just "#FU".  Needless to say, that search result is useless to me and would require lot of time to go through all notes just to find my #FU markings.

I tried using quotes as in "#FU".  But that did not help either.  Can someone tell me what am I missing?

That's a 'feature' of Evernote"s search indexing; special characters are dropped (except for underscore)

Documentation at    Evernote Search Grammar

Thank you.  Can you or anyone suggest how to circumvent or be able to search including the "#" character?  I have a lot of hashtags along specific lines in notes that I would have loved to be able to search without the need for adding Evernote tags.  (I would be surprised if I am the first one wanting something like this).

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, kkrathi said:

Thank you.  Can you or anyone suggest how to circumvent or be able to search including the "#" character?  I have a lot of hashtags along specific lines in notes that I would have loved to be able to search without the need for adding Evernote tags.  (I would be surprised if I am the first one wanting something like this).

Use the underscore as a prefix.  It is the only special character that is searchable.  I use it for things like _Paid and the like.  No false positives that way.  So _FU versus #FU, or whatever, should help with the searches you want to do.

On 12/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, CalS said:

Use the underscore as a prefix.  It is the only special character that is searchable.  I use it for things like _Paid and the like.  No false positives that way.  So _FU versus #FU, or whatever, should help with the searches you want to do.

Thank you.  That works.  I will switch to underscore going forward.

Archived