Where can I buy Fujitsu ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner ?

cedwat

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, cedwat said:

Hi, 

Do you know where I can buy the ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner?

I have found the ix500 on Amazon.fr, but can't find the specific Evernote edition.

Thank you.

Cedric.

Any particular reason you want that version versus a standard ScanSnap?

• Level 5*
On 12/15/2017 at 8:41 AM, cedwat said:

Thanks for your answer CalS.

Well, I understood that it was especially "tuned" for EverNote and I would save time avoiding to tune it myself.

Was I wrong?

Not sure what tuned means.  I can share my experience.

I have been using a ScanSnap s1300i for some years now.  It is great for personal scanning.  The ScanSnap software has default profiles (how to scan, where to put the output, etc.).  You can use any of those but to do exactly what I wanted to do I created two profiles of my own, simplex and duplex (took a couple of minutes).  Both of these profiles OCR and save to a folder on my PC.  The folder is the import folder to EN so the scans are automatically imported into a notebook. 

Depending on your scan volume, you may be able to save a bit with s1300i versus the ix500 or the EN equivalent of it.  And functionally, that is scanning and OCRing, I don't think you lose much, if anything.  YMMV.

EDIT:  Forgot to include in the above that one of the other reasons I chose the s1300i was footprint.  It doesn't eat up much space so it fits nicely on my desktop.

16 hours ago, cedwat said:

Hi, 

Do you know where I can buy the ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner?

I have found the ix500 on Amazon.fr, but can't find the specific Evernote edition.

Thank you.

Cedric.

@cedwat

As I have the normal IX500 model I can assure that scanning to Evernote is no problem whatever. In fact this model supports a lot of other destinations. I believe the Evernote edition was the one which Evernote sold at the time. Maybe a logo added other than that certainly no support from Evernote (anymore).

There are differences between the smaller model and the IX500. I own both and feel the IX500 is the better buy for the money. Certainly my 1300i does not have wi-fi and is a lot less sturdy.

Currently Fujitsu are 'generous' Cashback Offer

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/7/2018 at 8:17 AM, Eduardo Estefano said:

Hi everyone. Does Evernote still sell the Evernote edition? It is out of stock everywhere (July/2018)

@Eduardo Estefano, I believe you might find one on Amazon (from a reseller) or eBay.  As far as I know, that the model is no longer sold new.  I use the same one that @JohnLongney mentioned and it works great with Evernote.  Happy scanning!

• 2 months later...

I've been using scan snap scanners for quite some time, but I have yet to update to the iX500. I also use the portable scanner from scan snap without impressive results. The only thing a benefit was by receiving the updated software that allows me to scan, file, and manage documents in more different ways. Frankly, I find the software little bit overdeveloped and complicated.  CCleaner Happy Wheels VLC

Archived