multi column view

crga

Idea

PLEASE let users choose how we view our notebooks on a computer screen. The single column view you make us use now is inefficient. Give us the option to have a multi column view...like you used to give us.

4 replies to this idea

Yes, please bring back the column view. In the past, I was able to see all my notebooks in one glance. Now I have to scroll through an entire list to find a specific notebook, especially if the notebook starts with a letter later in the alphabet. The list view is just a waste of space. The titles of my notebooks don't fill the entire screen, so column view was more than enough. 

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, dannyde said:

Yes, please bring back the column view. In the past, I was able to see all my notebooks in one glance. Now I have to scroll through an entire list to find a specific notebook, especially if the notebook starts with a letter later in the alphabet. The list view is just a waste of space. The titles of my notebooks don't fill the entire screen, so column view was more than enough. 

In the meantime, if a Windows user try using Ctrl-Q.  Type a few characters and the notebook should appear for selection.

I have been an Evernote user for the past 7 years.  During that time there have been many modifications and improvements to the platform which have impacted the user interface and experience.  In most cases the changes have been positive, improving the user experience.  However, this single column view of our notebooks makes absolutely no sense.  Why would you make it more difficult for us to find our notebooks.  Scrolling takes time, and as previous forum members have indicated, it keeps us from seeing a greater number of our notebooks at once.  And it's not only the inability to see more of our notebooks that is frustrating, you can not drag a folder/file from your desktop into a notebook stack.  If you try and drag it, will end up in one of the many notebooks within the stack.

Thank you.

Archived