Email note with new tag?

jch02140

Idea

I have tried to use the email address to send and create notes in Evernote. However, I noticed that if I use tags that aren't already created on the web, it doesn't automatically create for you and merge with the note's title instead. Is it a bug?

4 replies to this idea

19 hours ago, csihilling said:

Nope.  By design I think...

I think so too, but I would be interested in hearing a response from an EN employee.      can make lot's of typos, so I almost appreciate that it stops me getting "tag clutter".   I try to limit myself to a small subset of my tag list and that helps prevent me from making typos on tags that are more mnemonic in nature.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Mike McGowan said:

I think so too, but I would be interested in hearing a response from an EN employee.      can make lot's of typos, so I almost appreciate that it stops me getting "tag clutter".   I try to limit myself to a small subset of my tag list and that helps prevent me from making typos on tags that are more mnemonic in nature.

Evernote doesn’t usually comment on such posts

I’ve moved the discussion to the requests forum.  Users can indicate support for the request using the voting buttons in the top left corner

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, jch02140 said:

I have tried to use the email address to send and create notes in Evernote. However, I noticed that if I use tags that aren't already created on the web, it doesn't automatically create for you and merge with the note's title instead. Is it a bug?

This is by design. See, e.g. https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/04/20/quick-tip-friday-emailing-into-your-evernote-account/. Quote: "to add a tag, include “#” followed by an existing tag".

Archived