Rocketbook App

kozalak

I encountered a problem when I use rocketbook app. The ocr does not work when you upload pages using rocketbook app. (although they are jpgs.) When I upload the same page using Evernote app, the pages are searchable, when I upload the page using default camera of IOS, it is searchable. Is there anyone who has the same problem or knows how to solve it.

Thank you in advance.

I emailed them and they wanted me to send them the two images taken by rocketbook app and evernote app so that they can compare them both. I am still waiting for the result. 

Here is their respond to my email :

"Hi Taha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have a favor to ask if it's not too intrusive -- would you mind sending the Rocketbook scan vs. the Evernote scan of the same page? I wanted to share it with our vision to see what the main differences are.

In a nutshell, we compress the image a little bit in order to make the file size more manageable. I think that might be preventing the Evernote OCR from picking up the text.

Thanks!
Steven

Steven Chen
Product @ Rocketbook"
1 hour ago, kozalak said:

I emailed them and they wanted me to send them the two images taken by rocketbook app and evernote app so that they can compare them both. I am still waiting for the result. 

Here is their respond to my email :

"Hi Taha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have a favor to ask if it's not too intrusive -- would you mind sending the Rocketbook scan vs. the Evernote scan of the same page? I wanted to share it with our vision to see what the main differences are.

In a nutshell, we compress the image a little bit in order to make the file size more manageable. I think that might be preventing the Evernote OCR from picking up the text.

Thanks!
Steven

Steven Chen
Product @ Rocketbook"

Thank you! Hope they fix it soon!

• 3 months later...

I'm seeing the same issue - notes sent from rocketbook aren't searchable in evernote. Any fix for this yet?  

I was very excited to try Rocketbook, and just ordered an Everlast notebook. It seemed like the perfect simple solution for getting handwritten notes into Evernote .  I started testing with the downloadable pdf, and everything seemed to work exceptionally well until I ran into this problem.  I'm afraid if I'm unable to get the rocketbook images to be searchable in evernote, that will be a deal killer for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 2:43 PM, fishergary said:

I'm seeing the same issue - notes sent from rocketbook aren't searchable in evernote. Any fix for this yet?  

I was very excited to try Rocketbook, and just ordered an Everlast notebook. It seemed like the perfect simple solution for getting handwritten notes into Evernote .  I started testing with the downloadable pdf, and everything seemed to work exceptionally well until I ran into this problem.  I'm afraid if I'm unable to get the rocketbook images to be searchable in evernote, that will be a deal killer for me.

Update - OCR works if you save images as PDFs, but not JPEGs.  Rocketbook tech support are aware and say they are working on tweaks to the iOS app.

On 12/23/2017 at 8:27 AM, fishergary said:

Update - OCR works if you save images as PDFs, but not JPEGs.  Rocketbook tech support are aware and say they are working on tweaks to the iOS app.

I've tried both JPG and PDF from the Rocketbook app and neither are searchable from Evernote. Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

any news here? I do have the same problem. I tried to upload JPG and PDF from the Rocketbook app. The images&/pdfs aren't searchable in Evernote. After this I upload a normal image - no problem. I have the free account.

Sweeny

Hi All -- Steven from Rocketbook here and I hope I can be helpful.

For iOS, we just pushed out a release that should fix this issue.  Please note that Evernote OCR Search for handwritten text only works if:

1. Your handwriting is legible.
  2. The scanned file is in JPEG format (per Evernote, OCR search for handwritten text does not work on PDFs.)

In addition, you'll need to make sure that the JPEG file is indexed by Evernote (this may take a few minutes at times).  To check if it has been indexed, click on the JPEG file, go to Note --> Show Note Info.

We just did a round of tests on our Android and iOS apps and confirm they are working.  The success rate isn't 100%, but it's workable.

Hope that helps!

Steven

So can't comment on any OCR issues with Rocketbook, just got mine recently and am just starting to play, but I think I have found another gotcha with Rocketbook and Evernote, and wanted to see if anyone here has encountered.

When you scan a page, the default filename generated by the Rocketbook app is something like "RB 2018-01-12 07.34.28.pdf".  When I send that to Evernote, or if I email to myself and manually import to Evernote, I cannot right click the attachment and open in my PDF reader from Windows Evernote.  When I right click the attachment and select Open, nothing happens.  When I right click and select Open With..., the program list is empty and selecting Choose Program, nothing happens.  When I right click and select Rename, nothing happens.  However, if I email myself the attachment and rename it, removing the extra periods in the filename, or replace with another character then import into Evernote, I can open/rename the attachment to my hearts content.  It would appear that the extra periods in the filename generated by the Rocketbook app are confusing Evernote.

Unfortunately, the current Rocketbook app doesn't give you a way to customize the filename it generates, so the only work around appears to be emailing myself the scans, manually renaming then importing into Evernote.  I've submitted a support request to Rocketbook about this, but wondered if the fine folks at Evernote were aware of and possibly could resolve in a future update.

Am running the current version of Windows 10, version 1709 build 16299.192, and Evernote Windows 6.8.7.6387 (306387).

trbyers - the latest Rocketbook ap update has a new "naming template" that allows custom names. 

I can already open their attachments just fine with the standard note header, so I suspect you have something else going on. I'm on EN 6.7.5.5825, win7 

My OCR with RB is for sh*t. I get zero recognition in EN searches (RB files are PDF), but I also get gobeldygook when I OCR an RB page manually, so... And here I though I was being all careful with my handwriting especially for RB notes...

Archived