Bug is duplicating a note automatically every couple of minutes!

StephA

Hi

I've got some kind of bug in my Evernote which is causing my notes to automatically duplicate every few minutes! it started when. tried to attach a document to a note which failed and then that note started duplicating over and over. I copied the content, deleted all of the duplicated notes and the orignal and then created a new note with a different title and pasted the content in there. Now even that note is duplicating. Have a look at the screenshot to see.

Any ideas what I should do?!!

Cheers

Stephanie

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 14.00.00.png

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, StephA said:

I've got some kind of bug in my Evernote which is causing my notes to automatically duplicate every few minutes! 

Any ideas what I should do?!!

If you haven't already, I would quit Evernote, and restart your computer.

After the restart, before you launch the Evernote app, use the EN Web app to delete all of the duplicates.

If the auto-dup continues, then I would export the Note to HTML, delete the Note (and any dups) and restart your computer again.  You might also export the Note to ENEX so that you can send it to Evernote for analysis.

• 2 weeks later...

So the issue resolved itself with the first note. I've had it happen again with a completely new note!

I was merrily typing away in my new note ( in the web app)  in expanded view so didn't see was was happening behind the scenes, I went to another tab in my browser, came back to evernote and saw that the note had duplicated itself 100 times!!! And I had lost the last paragraph of what I'd been typing. I don't dare use EN at all now.

When I go to the support it doesn't let me submit a support ticket or access the support chat - assume that's cause I'm a basic free member is that correct?  Is there any way to contact EN directly as a basic member? Clearly am not going to upgrade when there's a major bug in my account....

Thanks for your suggestions and help in advance.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, StephA said:

Is there any way to contact EN directly as a basic member?

From the top of this discussion page

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   2016년 09월 19일

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm... 

Archived