weekly/monthly to-do

mcguire910

Hey there evernote community,

I have been using evernote for a number of years and fins it incredibly useful. I use the standard to-do option for daily to-do lists, but am wondering if anyone has been able to create a monthly to-do list that would allow several line items (down) and dates by month (across)? 

Thanks so much.

Mike

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-08 at 오후 9시 43분, mcguire910 said:

I use the standard to-do option for daily to-do lists, but am wondering if anyone has been able to create a monthly to-do list that would allow several line items (down) and dates by month (across)? 

Not sure what the standard to-do option is59663bec8b91c_ScreenShot2017-07-12at08_09_53.png.0d455761c70a9e5764036ef06dac3410.png

I use separate notes for each to-do 
On my Mac, I use top-list view for a filtered list of my notes

I get title and create/update dates but no reminder date (start date)
However the list is filtered, for example current to-do's

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
41 minutes ago, tkraikit said:

check out the calendar note templates

The OP never got back to us on what they were looking for

I never understood the purpose of the calendar templates.  They seem a throwback to a pre-digital age.

I do sync my critical task dates to my calendar app.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how related this idea is, but I posted it in "Features Request" also, and my repost it in other forums and as a standalone post in this forum.

Is there a way to have self-updating note template?  For example, if you wanted to create a running To Do list that would automatically populate every new note that you created and then when it was updated, by deleting and adding items, would automatically carry those changes on to the next new note that you created by simply clicking the "Create a new note" button?

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

"Is there a reason I'd want to automatically populate new notes with this information?"  Well, maybe there is not for you, but there is for me and I would think other people as well.  It will make it easier to stay on top of one's tasks and act as a motivator.  We are using computers and software which we use as a tool in our daily lives because they are good at automating tasks.

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, dustov said:

I don't know how related this idea is, but I posted it in "Features Request" also, and my repost it in other forums and as a standalone post in this forum.

Please don't cross-post.  I answered your question in your other post at 

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, dustov said:

Is there a way to have self-updating note template?  For example, if you wanted to create a running To Do list that would automatically populate every new note that you created and then when it was updated, by deleting and adding items, would automatically carry those changes on to the next new note that you created by simply clicking the "Create a new note" button?

Closest thing would be to copy the old note to the new note.  If you are trying to maintain some history of changes to the to-do's you would have to edit old changes out of the new note.  Not a particularly pretty process.  If you don't care about the changes per se, no particular reason to copy the note, just let it organically change.

Archived