Outlook Plugin MAC

Circuxx

Idea

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Windows users get an Outlook Clipper to copy emails (or selected text) into Evernote.  Doesn't Outlook for Mac have the same option?  Or were you looking for a different level of integration?

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-08 at 오전 5시 34분, Circuxx said:

I am using outlook on my mac and would love to see a plugin for my mac to integrate evernote in outlook.

@gazumped already covered the Outlook Clipper (https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2016/04/06/evernote-for-outlook/)

I'm a fan of scripting on my Mac and use a script to transfer emails to Evernote
An example is a script provided by Veritrope (http://veritrope.com/code/outlook-2011-to-evernote/)

Sorry, I'm not an Outlook user so I don't know how up-to-date any of this info is

Hi, thank you for your replies. I don't see that this clipper is working for Outlook for Mac. There are add-ins but they work just for outlook.com or the Office 360 verion online. My outlook which is installed on my mac, don't has this clipper. I have tried to install it in my office 360 account only but it doesn't show up in my outlook for mac.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Circuxx said:

My outlook which is installed on my mac, don't has this clipper.

There was a thing in Windows where it was necessary to exit Outlook and restart it to get the clipper working...

I have the same problem I have added evernote but its not appearing in my MAC install.  I wish there was just a download you could get that does the work for you... much easier... I don't even see an addin's section of the outlook desktop app...

I installed the ad in for Outlook for Mac and it showed up.  However, it disappears when I access my gmail account in outlook, and then it reappears when I check my other account (which is through Clemson University).  I read elsewhere that the Evernote clipper does not work with accounts setup with IMAP.  Maybe that's the issue here.  Such a bummer.  I may just set my gmail to forward to my other account so I can use the clipper.  That's the reason I switched over to outlook in the first place.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, jmj227 said:

I installed the ad in for Outlook for Mac and it showed up.  However, it disappears when I access my gmail account in outlook, and then it reappears when I check my other account (which is through Clemson University).  I read elsewhere that the Evernote clipper does not work with accounts setup with IMAP.  Maybe that's the issue here.  Such a bummer.  I may just set my gmail to forward to my other account so I can use the clipper.  That's the reason I switched over to outlook in the first place.

I don't think this is an Evernote only issue. I have reached out to Microsoft many times in the past asking about this very issue. Because they have the ability to clip to OneNote in the Mac app (not sure about Windows) I get the feeling that this is done by design on Microsoft's end. I have multiple msn.com emails that work with the Evernote plugin perfectly. My icloud, gmail, and a few others do not have the option to clip to Evernote, just OneNote. I believe that there is a request on Microsoft's UserVoice forum to remedy this but I don't think it's going to happen.

I have a MS Office 365 account and Outlook v16.23 in my Mac. The 'Save to Evernote' icon appears on my toolbar and works for every email account I have operating there; MS O365 Exchange, iCloud and a standard IMAP account. I loaded the 'Send to Evernote' feature in my O363 online 'dashboard' where you can select apps. When I first installed, it took some time to appear on my desktop version of Outlook. After a restart it was there and has worked well ever since. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Altruologist said:

I have a MS Office 365 account and Outlook v16.23 in my Mac. The 'Save to Evernote' icon appears on my toolbar and works for every email account I have operating there; MS O365 Exchange, iCloud and a standard IMAP account. I loaded the 'Send to Evernote' feature in my O363 online 'dashboard' where you can select apps. When I first installed, it took some time to appear on my desktop version of Outlook. After a restart it was there and has worked well ever since. 

Do you happen to have a Business 365 account? I have it on my personal and it isn't there. So either I'm missing a setting somewhere or it's not enabled for my account for some reason. I get the same result no matter where I use Outlook (thought admittedly I don't use it often)

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 12.22.44 AM.png

Yes, I do have a business account. I also have a personal premium account. In the personal account I can add Evernote in the web interface by creating an email and clicking on the dropdown menu- bottom of message (three dots). You will see Evernote listed there and you then execute a sign in to your Evernote account. I have included a link to the MS instructions, however in my Outlook the drop down is on the bottom of the message and the interface is a bit different. I am not sure how well this cascades to your desktop. 

Evernote for Outlook

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Altruologist said:

Yes, I do have a business account. I also have a personal premium account. In the personal account I can add Evernote in the web interface by creating an email and clicking on the dropdown menu- bottom of message (three dots). You will see Evernote listed there and you then execute a sign in to your Evernote account. I have included a link to the MS instructions, however in my Outlook the drop down is on the bottom of the message and the interface is a bit different. I am not sure how well this cascades to your desktop. 

Evernote for Outlook

Thank you for the link. I’ll give it try tomorrow. 😊

I'm trying to get the Mac plugin for Evernote to work on my Mac Pro.  Running Outlook 16.27.  I have several different types of accounts, Exchange, iMap & Google (iMap).  When I select one of my Exchange accounts, the "Get Add-Ins" icon appears, but doesn't work when I click it.  When I select one of my iMap accounts, the "Get Add-Ins" icon appears and does work, but when I search for "Evernote", it doesn't find anything.  Very frustrating!

Does anyone know how to get the Evernote plug-in installed in Outlook (16.27) on my Mac?

Thank you!!

Jay

• Level 5*
On 9/15/2019 at 1:33 AM, dlchan8 said:

I have Outlook for Mac 16.10.10 and also Office365.  So where do I go to download the plugin to be able to send emails or forward emails to myself that would go right into my Evernote account?  Thank you!

Hi.  The Evernote 'clipper' plugin is here - http://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104379617

Please note that sending/ forwarding emails directly to your Evernote account is a Premium / Business feature only - more here https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347

It is possible though to use the Outlook and browser clippers to send messages - one email at a time - to your account as a note.