No support for evernote??

I seem to have just discovered that there is no support for evernote for basic users? so no way to get help with a bug by contacting evernote anymore? when did this happen?

evernote keeps getting worse and worse! time to switch to One Note me thinks.

am I correct that now you have to pay evernote to get them to fix a bug?

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's not correct that you have to pay.  If you subscribe,  you'll get access to email and (with Premium or Business) chat support - but everyone has access to this (mainly) user-supported forum for general information and advice (like this) and basic users can still contact Evernote on Twitter.  This post is at the top of most forum topics - https://discussion.evernote.com/announcement/53-reach-out-to-evernote-support-on-twitter-evernotehelps/

Anyone can raise and issue or report a bug by posting it here- preferably under the release thread for their particular Evernote version. 

For example:

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, ppoole said:

I seem to have just discovered that there is no support for evernote for basic users? so no way to get help with a bug by contacting evernote anymore? when did this happen?

You get the software for free
You get upgrades for free
You get your data processed for free
You get access to this forum for free

Yes, it's definitely time for you to switch from Evernote

11 hours ago, ppoole said:

get help with a bug by contacting evernote

As mentioned above, users on our Basic service can certainly reach out to us on Twitter for some help.

We also appreciate it when people report bugs by posting in these forums and describing the problem they are running into.

This helps Evernote improve our service while also helping everyone in the community.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, ppoole said:

how do you subscribe and what are you subscribing to?

Subscription refers to the evernote account plans

You can subscribe to the Basic account at no cost

If you want access to enhanced features and support, you can subscribe to paid Plus/Premium/Business accounts

This is described further here https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005157-Which-Evernote-product-is-right-for-me-

On 6/13/2017 at 6:14 PM, briancaldwell said:

As mentioned above, users on our Basic service can certainly reach out to us on Twitter for some help.

We also appreciate it when people report bugs by posting in these forums and describing the problem they are running into.

This helps Evernote improve our service while also helping everyone in the community.

I have been waiting for over 3 hours for someone to answer on twitter.  I really would like to use Evernote, but everytime I try to use it, something doesn't work the way it is advertised to.  I sure won't pay for a subscription to that. 

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, cjjacob said:

I have been waiting for over 3 hours for someone to answer on twitter.  I really would like to use Evernote, but everytime I try to use it, something doesn't work the way it is advertised to.  I sure won't pay for a subscription to that. 

No current helpline service runs on an interactive conversational basis.  You post your problem and they get back to you in some hours with a response.  There is a chat service for paying customers,  or you could post your issues here to see if the Forum audience can help.  I happen to be reading comments at a convenient time for me,  so this response is quite quick.  At other times you may wait for up to 12 hours for a response - timezones often get in the way...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, cjjacob said:

I've subscribed to the premium account.  In addition to an enhanced featureset it provides enhanced support.  I still don't expect instant response to my support requests; I've used the chat feature for critical errors

As noted above, you can post your issue in these forums and see if the userbase has an answer

Archived