Duplicate notes with a new creation date

I just noticed that when I duplicate a note, it retains the original creation date. I primarily use duplication for templates, so prefer the creation date to be the date of the duplication. Is this possible to set automatically? I couldn't find a setting for it. Thanks!

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, shekala said:

I just noticed that when I duplicate a note, it retains the original creation date. I primarily use duplication for templates, so prefer the creation date to be the date of the duplication. Is this possible to set automatically? I couldn't find a setting for it. Thanks!

Must be platform specific; on a Mac, the date is replaced with current date/time; on an iPad, it's a true duplicate note

My solution on the Mac is to use a script to create new notes with a template; it gives me control of things like title and date

Thanks. I wouldn't know a script if it hit me in the face. Hitting the right mouse button and duplicating seems easier....They should definitely add user controlled settings for this type of thing. 

• Level 5*

"Duplicate" seems self-explanatory;  you get the complete copy,  dates and all.  If you use Copy to Notebook (and choose the same notebook) you get a choice of dates and tags,  and if you use the trick of exporting your template note to an ENEX file on your desktop and then double-click that to create a new note,  you'll get a currently-dated copy of the standard note.

Archived