Frustrations of Hesitations and Hiccups

DaLong

Idea

This is really getting irritating.

When using Evernote in Windows, there is this hesitation when switching from one note to another.  Be in one note, click on another in the note list.  You have to wait a good 1-2 sec for it to switch over.  Be typing a note, the text goes unresponsive for 2-4 sec.  This sort of thing.  (I'm using a perfectly good, powerful, fast PC with an SSD.)

I doubt this will rank very high for developers.  But let me tell you, it happens all the time and it disrupts the sense of flow in your work. And if you have a lot of things you are doing in Evernote, it gets real old, real quick.

Probably just me, but I find it downright infuriating after a while.  It's enough to make me think about exploring competing apps.

The requirement is thus: For this app, on a modern computer (heaven sake it's 20-flippin'-17), there should never be a human perceptible pause or disruption in response.  Period.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are a number of things you can switch off or option in Evernote Windows that will speed up activity.  Have you reported any of this to Support to try and improve the response times?  You can reach out to Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, DaLong said:

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.  I appreciate the link to support, may try this.  I have about 75 notes across about 10 notebooks, mostly just text.  

Wow.  If you have just 75 notes and are experiencing slowdowns,  you are experiencing some extreme problems.  I'm at around 40,000 notes any the service is occasionally frustrating,  but generally usable...

If you do find a fix with support,  please let us know how you get on!

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, DaLong said:

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.  I appreciate the link to support, may try this.  I have about 75 notes across about 10 notebooks, mostly just text.  

What @gazumped said.  You should not be seeing any slow downs with that volume of notes.

Archived