Sync Doesn't Work Properly

crimsoncosmos

Hello,

It's happened to me three times now. I am writing in the Web Client, the "saving" ticker shows that the note is being saved and updated. But when I am done writing and close the note I find out that my work is incomplete and I'm missing what I've been typing for the past 30 minutes.

This is really frustrating as there is now way to know if the note is actually saved or not. And once it goes into this inconsistent state, it doesn't update anymore. It eventually gets logged out and all is lost.

I've been checking on my Android phone if the note is updated and it wasn't last night. And it wasn't this morning either. I checked the web client again and it had logged out.

The sad part is that if this doesn't work right I will have to search for an alternative because I can't afford to lose this much work due to a connectivity glitch.

Dan

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, crimsoncosmos said:

It's happened to me three times now. I am writing in the Web Client, the "saving" ticker shows that the note is being saved and updated. But when I am done writing and close the note I find out that my work is incomplete and I'm missing what I've been typing for the past 30 minutes.

I'm not a web user but I know Syncing is not applicable, and if there's a failure it's with the Save function

My impression was Save was automatic, as discussed in the post below.  
I'm surprised you can lose 30 minutes of work.  
My testing (current version) shows the auto-save works practically instantaneously at each pause in typing

Hey,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, it works almost in every case as you say, but those times when it doesn't make for a very bad experience.

Is there any way to take this further? Am I the only one reporting this issue? Maybe it's a problem with a Firefox Add-on or something?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You could contact Support if you're a paying customer or tweet them if not..  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or https://twitter.com/evernotehelps 

Your post here will be read but not (usually) commented on by an Evernote staffer at some point.  I believe there's some work going on with the web client at the moment,  so there may be changes coming on the Evernote side too...

Archived