Request: ability to resize multiple images at a time

The big Discovery

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  How are you resizing?  By dragging the bottom right corner of the image?  -That's not a 'resize' in that the image isn't affected,  just the visible display of that image.  Evernote,  as has been complained of elsewhere,  tends to expand an image to fit the screen space available,  and depending on the devices you're using,  a note may be viewed on several wildly different screen sizes in various operating systems...

I can appreciate the convenience of being able to set up a note with all the images in a consistent layout.  I do that in Word or MSPublisher and sometimes output to PDF for the display.  With a huge number of variables to work through,  I don;t think this would be an easy task for Evernote...

15 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  How are you resizing?  By dragging the bottom right corner of the image?  -That's not a 'resize' in that the image isn't affected,  just the visible display of that image.  Evernote,  as has been complained of elsewhere,  tends to expand an image to fit the screen space available,  and depending on the devices you're using,  a note may be viewed on several wildly different screen sizes in various operating systems...

I can appreciate the convenience of being able to set up a note with all the images in a consistent layout.  I do that in Word or MSPublisher and sometimes output to PDF for the display.  With a huge number of variables to work through,  I don;t think this would be an easy task for Evernote...

Hey gazumped - yes, I do mean dragging the bottom right corner. And I agree - it is an annoyance that EN expands the image to fit. Its odd to do a zoom out watching the font get smaller, yet some large image stays the same dimensions...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
19 hours ago, scameron728 said:

Is there a way to see the displayed pixel size properties of images in Evernote??

Not easily, no.

You can:

• Open it up in an image editor to get the actual pixel dimensions of the source image
  • Then export the note it's in to Evernote format (.enex), and find the <en-media ...> element that references the image, and look for its width="nn" tag. The ratio between the ENML "width" tag value over the image pixel width gives you the zoom amount, and from there you can compute the zoomed image height.

At least, I think that the above should work, but kind of a pain to do with any frequency. I'm struggling to figure out a reason why the zoomed pixel size would be all that useful. I generally just aim for "looks ok to me"...