Read/Unread Flag

blazinghands24

Idea

Hi There, I've been using Evernote for quite some time and i feel like having a read/unread flag is essential.

I could start using tags to monitor if it has been read or not, but that's a too messy workaround. 

It would a great addition to have these flags, or better yet read unread status such as New, In-Progress,  Completed, which you can customize.

Thanks.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-03 at 3:06 PM, blazinghands24 said:

Hi There, I've been using Evernote for quite some time and i feel like having a read/unread flag is essential.

I could start using tags to monitor if it has been read or not, but that's a too messy workaround. 

It would a great addition to have these flags, or better yet read unread status such as New, In-Progress,  Completed, which you can customize.

Isn't "flag" just another name for tag

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, DTLow said:

Isn't "flag" just another name for tag

Agree: using tags allows the user to customize for their workflow exactly what the flags are, and what they mean.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, csihilling said:

10-4 on the tags.  I think the OP may be asking for some automagic drop down check box kind of thingee in the Info area, perhaps.

Or a new attribute/field. Either way, to integrate that into search filtering, that's a change to the search grammar, and that's something that Evernote doesn't like to do (per Peter K; I'd have to dig to find the link.)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, csihilling said:

I think the OP may be asking for some automagic drop down check box kind of thingee in the Info area, perhaps.

Yes but where does it stop - a drop down for read/unread; a drop down for project status; a drop down for project priority

Actually I do feel that drop downs are more efficient than faced with the entire tag listScreen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.55.46 AM.png
On my Mac, I've scripted my own drop downs    

It's  important that I'm building on tags so I can use them in searches as well

• Level 5*
Just now, DTLow said:

Yes but where does it stop - a drop down for read/unread; a drop down for project status; a drop down for project priority

Actually I do feel that drop downs are more efficient than faced with the entire tag listScreen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.55.46 AM.png
On my Mac, I've scripted my own drop downs    

Got me.  But the purpose of the forums is to solicit feedback.  This one isn't my cup of tea either, but that doesn't make it any less valid in the OP's eyes, or anyone else that up votes it.

Archived