Use Evernote offline in regulated company

Hello All,

My company blocks access to Evernote servers. However I really what to  use Evernote to manage my professional notes. 

I would like to know if I can setup Evernote to run with a local database only. Ideally this database will be on my company network. ( One note can do it, but I dont want to migrate...for now)

I want to keep it simple and I don't no need mobile synchronization.

Is there any way?

Thanks 

Philippe

• Level 5*

If all of your notebooks are local you can run EN on your local device without anything going to the cloud, though perhaps not on your company network.  You intend to get the program from a non EN source?

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Gwadada said:

I would like to know if I can setup Evernote to run with a local database only.

Evernote has a "Local Notebook" feature for the Windows/Mac platforms
The notes are stored locally (device), and are not synced to the servers

The database is maintained on your device - no option to locate it on the company servers

• Level 5*

I'd say that you can try this, but somewhere in the back of my mind is the thought that you must have at least one synchronized notebook in your account, though I can't remember where I heard it. And even if you're not syncing, the Evernote client may still need to contact the Evernote mother ship. I'd say try it, and report back here what you found out, since it might be useful to other users.

• Level 5*

Yeah, you need one synced notebook, can be empty, and you need to get logged in.  But after that should run just like you are not connected.  Might want to change sync to daily just eliminate the interrupts.  OP hasn't responded, but could set up at home and just use a phone at work, if it fits the use case.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, B-Wonka said:

Not OP, but same issue. In my case I'm unable to connect the designated computer to the internet. Does that mean, that EN is not able to work on such computers?

If you are logged into EN prior to losing Internet connectivity you can still use EN on the computer.  You will have access to all the notes that you have and can add or edit.  There just won't be any syncing.  So log into EN before you lose the ability to connect to the internet.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, B-Wonka said:

Not OP, but same issue. In my case I'm unable to connect the designated computer to the internet. Does that mean, that EN is not able to work on such computers?

1. Without an internet connection, it will be difficult to download and install the Evernote software
  2. You also need to log into Evernote at least once, which requires an internet connection

If you can overcome these two challenges, Evernote maintains a complete notes database (Windows/Mac platforms)
- you can use the Evernote software without an internet connection

Archived