Joining business evernote - personal email needed?

We will be rolling out evernote business to about 25 users. 

Here's a scenario I'm worried about. These 25 users have email addresses from our business. Some of them have no other email address.

When we send out an invitation, they are asked (I think) to enter a personal email address for logging in. This is so (I think) they will be able to create a personal Evernote. 

So what do we do with people who have no personal email address? Are they out of luck for having a personal evernote.

Thanks for any clarification.

Here is the text from the business help. This is for new users. If you're a new user, you’ll need to create a brand new Evernote account. Enter your personal email address, type in your full name, create a password, and click Join the Business. Your new Evernote account will automatically be joined to your company's Evernote account.

That's the bit I'm worried about. what if they don't have a personal email address. Back in the day, evernote had usernames. Can that still be used - in lieu of an email address?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, rmonroe said:

We will be rolling out evernote business to about 25 users. 

Here's a scenario I'm worried about. These 25 users have email addresses from our business. Some of them have no other email address.

When we send out an invitation, they are asked (I think) to enter a personal email address for logging in. This is so (I think) they will be able to create a personal Evernote. 

So what do we do with people who have no personal email address? Are they out of luck for having a personal evernote.

Thanks for any clarification

The business email address should work

I think the only requirement is that each account have a unique email address

Note: The  account is dual personal&business, hence the use of two email addresses

Thanks for reply. So I'm inferring that a personal account gets set up no matter what email address is entered. And ... if the person later leaves the company, that he can change the login email to keep his personal evernote. Does tha sound right?

• Level 5*

@monroe Yes, you've got it right: the reason the instructions say to enter a personal email address is because when a new Evernote account is created, it's always a personal account.  Then on top of that, the personal account can be joined to an Evernote Business account.  And again, yes, that's correct that the reason for encouraging a personal email address is so that if the Business account is ever disconnected from the user's personal account (most commonly because the person leaves the company), they'll still have a personal account where the login is a personal email address.

Having said that, someone who doesn't have a personal email address (are there really people like that? :) ) can use their work email address when signing up.  The only downside is if that person leaves the business, their personal account will be under their (now former) business email address, and assuming they no longer have access to that inbox, that will be awkward for things like forgotten-password retrieval and such.  On one's Evernote Account Summary page, it's possible to change the personal-account email address.  So in a case where one of your employees signs up using the business email address and then leaves the company, before they leave it would be advisable for them to change that personal-account email to some personal email address - if, that is, they've created any notes in their personal account and they want to keep using Evernote on a personal basis.

Archived