Shared Notebooks

Hi,

we use shared notebooks with permission to write for friends to share hints and tricks.

What happend with a shared notebook if the "hosting" friend quit evernote? What do we have to do to share all collected knowledge without him? Can I backup a shared notebook and import it to my personal evernote and reshare it with my friends?

What is the best way?

Thanks,
Martin

• Level 5*

Hi.  If the owner of your shared notebook quits Evernote but leaves his account in place,  you would probably not notice a difference for a while.  But only the owner of the notebook can make some changes,  so you would soon get into trouble.  Best suggestion would be for one person to copy the notes into their own account and re-share.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Martin Niemann said:

Can I backup a shared notebook and import it to my personal evernote and reshare it with my friends?

Shared notebooks are included in my backup process.

I could easily restore the notebook.
The restore would become a personal notebook which I can then reshare

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Martin Niemann said:

Can I backup a shared notebook and import it to my personal evernote and reshare it with my friends?

What is the best way?

Create a new Notebook in your account, and copy/paste, or drag/drop, all of the Notes from the Joined Notebook (the one your friend shared) into your new Notebook.  You can then share that Notebook as you like.

Archived