Using IFTTT to Populate Daily 'Tables of Contents' Note of Specific Tags

I have been researching ways to use Evernote for task efficiency, mainly concerning "The Secret Weapon" and "Getting Things Done" methods;

I am new to both of these thought processes, but have adapted them because I found that I am consistently writing lists in EN, while my poor paper agenda has been lying on the way-side for sometime now; if I don't get to my written to-dos, then I need to re-write them all over again next week.

In hopes of eliminating this constant 're-writing' of to-dos and projects, I've begun to write all my tasks in EN, and assigned a time-priority tag (ex. '01 - Now', or '03 - Soon') to every step of my projects and things on my to-do list (ex.'Actions Pending').

SO, I am trying to now incorporate IFTTT so that every morning it populates all of the notes that have been tagged in each time-priority into a table of contents, thus refreshing my to-do lists for me every morning.

How would I go about doing this? Use Google Calandar to prompt it to populate every morning?  

And while we're at it, I am also trying to find a recipe that archives shazamed songs for me into EN. I've see the Gmail prompt to EN, but not sure how that works. Any ideas?

• Level 5*

Not sure that IFTTT will help with this.

As an alternative you can create a saved search and put it on the shortcuts bar so with one click you always get an updated view of your to-do's. If your to-do tags all start with 0 the search would be tag:0*.  You can then do a sort by tag.  You might want to consider preceding your to-do tags with an !, this will for sure sort your to-do tags to the front of the sort. 

If you are using Windows desktop you can save the sort and columns of the search in list view.  This method has the benefit of giving you a real time view of the to-dos.  Obviously you can limit the search to only the high priority items if you like.  Sample of my view displayed below, FWIW.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-01 at 9:50 PM, romanianprincess said:

SO, I am trying to now incorporate IFTTT so that every morning it populates all of the notes that have been tagged in each time-priority into a table of contents, thus refreshing my to-do lists for me every morning

For my daily journal note, I add lists of current tasks and active projects

As per @csihilling, I have saved searches to produce these lists.  
I manually use the "copy links" feature (Mac) and paste the list into my journal note

I use Applescript extensively (Mac) to automated my work.
I probably could automate something for my lists, but the manual process is minor, and it gives me a chance for review

>>assigned a time-priority tag (ex. '01 - Now', or '03 - Soon') to every step of my projects

I abandoned these tags and use the reminder feature to assign due dates
In this way, tasks appear on my Current Task List (saved search) when due, and drop off when completed

>>I've see the Gmail prompt to EN, but not sure how that works

Here's an IFTTT applet I useScreen Shot 2016-11-04 at 8.18.23 AM.png

Archived