(Archived) Web Clipper

thorrun

I absolutely hate the fact that clipping to the last selected notebook comes up time and time again as a "please give it back to us" - and is steadfastly ignored by the development people.

It's why I haven't gone off 3.1 on the computers that I use most. And why I use Evernote as an example in my classes of a great idea originally, a design team completely at odds to what their users want - and hence a product that is waiting to be knocked off by the first intelligent competitor that comes by.

Can't wait for that day.

sigh....

• Level 5

During the most recent Evernote podcast, the head of Evernote marketing stressed the following comment about the web clipper for Safari:

"We can no longer send directly to the desktop client."

http://discussion.ev...post__p__112051

They spent almost 10 minutes discussing the problem of Clippers adjusting to the frequent browser updates.

My concern is that this is what Evernote is planning for all the Evernote clippers.

The option is available when clipping to web. It is not available in clipper dialog when clipping to desktop in Windows. You have to edit the popped out new note. No idea what happens on Mac desktop.

• Level 5

There are some users who prefer the Evernote web, but editing the clipped note in the web is tedious.

I would expect the majority of Evernote users prefer sticking with their local clients for the faster response and increased flexibility..

There are some users who prefer the Evernote web, but editing the clipped note in the web is tedious.

I would expect the majority of Evernote users prefer sticking with their local clients for the faster response and increased flexibility..

I clip to the web and use the web client because it is the best solution for my Linux environment.

I do however move over to the Windows client when I do my heavy inbox processing or other database maintenance.

If my primary OS was Windows or OSX I would have a very different perspective on this issue.

• Level 5*

Don't know if I'm blessed or cursed - web clipper works fine with my FF8; I can save page/ selection/ picture or URL depending on context. (Can also save similar choices to PDF using FF8 add-in FireShot.) Clipped pages pop up in a new window to add tags and edit content.

Unfortunately have an ongoing issue with Evernote Web, which is unusable in my version of FF. Loading the page stalls all tabs in the browser, which 'twitches' every so often but takes minutes to respond to any click. Takes a cntrl-alt-del to shut it down.

Archived