conflicting changes when sharing notes

I gave a friend viewing and editing permissions on a notebook because we are trying to work on a project together. she is using the web version of evernote, and I am using the desktop version. at first, it seemed like her edits were overriding my previous ones, but then we came to realize my notes on my computer and what she can view in the browser are not syncing up

two notes that she edited were placed in the "conflicting changes" tab on my end. I deleted them, but said project partner still can't see my changes to notes in her browser. when I log onto the web version of evernote, none of my changes made on my desktop app are reflected. the sync icon in my version of desktop evernote is continuously spinning, suggesting my changes aren't being synced, even when I manually use the sync shortcut

I don't want to lose my work and I can't figure out how to allow us both to have matching syncs, as well as stopping whatever is blocking evernote on my desktop from syncing with the web version

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, cervidae said:

when I log onto the web version of evernote, none of my changes made on my desktop app are reflected. the sync icon in my version of desktop evernote is continuously spinning, suggesting my changes aren't being synced, even when I manually use the sync shortcut

The first self help step is to reboot your machine

15 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The first self help step is to reboot your machine

I resorting to manually pasting the changes into the web version of evernote, restarting desktop evernote, and then deleting any conflicting notes/duplicates from the notebook on the desktop version

syncing between the web version and desktop version of evernote seems to be working now on my end, but how do I prevent this problem when another person (my progect partner in this case) is editing a notebook at the same time as me? I've never had these sync issues until I gave editing permission to someone else so I'm unsure what caused it and how to prevent it

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, cervidae said:

how do I prevent this problem when another person (my progect partner in this case) is editing a notebook at the same time as me? I've never had these sync issues until I gave editing permission to someone else so I'm unsure what caused it and how to prevent it

I wouldn't expect a problem with updating the same notebook.

I can see editing the same note at the same time would cause a sync problem.

I would try to avoid setting up notes where this could happen, for example separate status reports instead of a common status report.

• Level 5*

Given the recent Evernote integration with Google Drive (and therefore Docs / Sheets / etc etc) could you keep your reports as Google attachments?  I'm thinking that Google syncs more frequently than Evernote and maybe will give a more effective link - especially where collaborating on the same document or other file.

Archived