Evernote

On 9/17/2016 at 9:45 AM, sbpgmp@gmail.com said:

I want get top security in Evernote for all my app IDs/Passords recorded in Notes . How do I do this.?

Hi there @sbpgmp@gmail.com, welcome to the Forums!

You can encrypt any text you have inside of notes including passwords and other sensitive information using the desktop version of Evernote for a Mac or Windows computer.

Simply highlight the text, right-click, then select Encrypt Selected Text.

You can find more information on encrypting text inside your notes here:

How to encrypt content inside of a note

I hope that helps! 

• Level 5*
On 9/17/2016 at 10:45 AM, sbpgmp@gmail.com said:

I want get top security in Evernote for all my app IDs/Passords recorded in Notes . How do I do this.?

Evernote will work and can be encrypted as mentioned above but for IDs and passwords you might consider a password manager such as LastPass designed for that specific task.

• Level 5
On 9/18/2016 at 4:30 PM, BSR said:

Hi there @sbpgmp@gmail.com, welcome to the Forums!

You can encrypt any text you have inside of notes including passwords and other sensitive information using the desktop version of Evernote for a Mac or Windows computer.

Simply highlight the text, right-click, then select Encrypt Selected Text.

I presume this means that, once text has been encrypted using the Windows or Mac program, it cannot be decrypted or read using the Android or iPhone app, correct?

1 minute ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I presume this means that, once text has been encrypted using the Windows or Mac program, it cannot be decrypted or read using the Android or iPhone app, correct?

You can decrypt the text to read using the mobile application for iOS or Android by tapping on the encryption box in the note and entering your passphrase, however you cannot encrypt text meaning that the encrypted text won't be editable and you won't be able to encrypt new text entered in the mobile applications.

• Level 5
15 minutes ago, BSR said:

You can decrypt the text to read using the mobile application for iOS or Android by tapping on the encryption box in the note and entering your passphrase, however you cannot encrypt text meaning that the encrypted text won't be editable and you won't be able to encrypt new text entered in the mobile applications.

Thanks, that's very clear and very helpful!

UPDATE: I just tested on a brief phrase, and found that I could edit the decrypted text in Android v 7.9.4, and that when I saved it and synced the note the changed text appeared in the Windows app (after decryption there).

Just now, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Thanks, that's very clear and very helpful!

UPDATE: I just tested on a brief phrase, and found that I could edit the decrypted text in Android v 7.9.4, and that when I saved it and synced the note the changed text appeared in the Windows app (after decryption there).

Interesting, I was testing on my iOS device that I had in front of me where I am not able to edit the decrypted text. I've decrypted on Android before but this must have been rolled out in a recent update. Thanks for the update @Dave-in-Decatur!

Archived