pandson

Add support for CMD+click to select multiple tags

Idea

I have Evernote setup with notebooks and tags running down the left hand pane. I organise my day jumping through through these tags quickly and frequently to answer questions like: "what .Active Projects do I have that are @Work, from Paul, and prioritized as 2-Next". 

It looks like there is no way I can CMD+click to select multiple tags at the same time? 

Constructing separate search arguments each time I want to jump between tag combinations massively slows down my workflow and seems an unnecessarily laborious way of achieving what should be a simple task.

Is there some reason why the app engineers chose to end support the Mac global standard of CMD+click to select multiple items at the same time? 

I'm guessing I'm probably not the first person to ask for this...

Cheers!

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

Hi.  Have you looked at saved searches?  It may take you a while to construct a search,  but if you can save it for future use that might be a useful  investment...

On September 9, 2016 at 3:48 AM, pandson said:

I have Evernote setup with notebooks and tags running down the left hand pane. I organise my day jumping through through these tags quickly and frequently to answer questions like: "what .Active Projects do I have that are @Work, from Paul, and prioritized as 2-Next". 

It looks like there is no way I can CMD+click to select multiple tags at the same time

I up voted the request; we have the tag list and should be able to use it

As @gazumped said, once you've composed a search, save it.  You can even add it to your shortcuts section.

Also, make use of the component selector at the bottom of the search box. 

3 hours ago, istarninwa said:

What on earth could possibly delay this crucial feature?

Hi.  There are lots of 'crucial' issues out there with far more votes than this feature.  There are still a lot of bugs Evernote needs to squash.

6 hours ago, istarninwa said:

How is this still not possible? It's so intuitive. Things like that leave me exasperated. 

To select multiple tags for searching, use the tag picker in the upper right corner5a7c5ffc48401_ScreenShot2018-02-08at06_30_00.png.df3eff043d3ca046164959b8184b66dc.png

or the search builder at the bottom of the search box

5a7c62a76b485_ScreenShot2018-02-08at06_44_50.png.f1e1a0768f91fdac6332ac5b5d6994bb.png

>>What on earth could possibly delay this crucial feature?

This does not seem to be a high priority request.  It currently has 5a7c635607162_ScreenShot2018-02-08at06_48_02.png.ea3e2a26b70a3c41cbee6aa9d0838f57.png  votes.
Voting buttons are at the top left corner of the discussion