Siri iOS Evernote Integration

bassfordays

Idea

I use Notes on my iPhone very often. I also use Evernote plenty, but the reason why I still use Notes more, is because I can tell Siri to add a note without actually opening the app or typing it in. 

When you have a million things going on at once, it is very useful to just TELL Siri to add it. Since iOS 10 is allowing for better integration with Siri for 3rd-party apps, will this be an added feature? If so, this would be great. 

Thanks

• Like 3

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, bassfordays said:

I use Notes on my iPhone very often. I also use Evernote plenty, but the reason why I still use Notes more, is because I can tell Siri to add a note without actually opening the app or typing it in. 

fwiw   There is an IFTTT integration between IOS Reminder Lists and Evernote

I can say Siri, add "this" to my Evernote List and it appears in Evernote

Trigger
New reminder added to list
List name
This Trigger fires every time a new reminder is added to the list you specify.

Action
Create/Append to note
Note Name
This Action will append to a note as determined by its title and notebook. Once a note’s size reaches 2MB a new note will be created.

• Like 1

Thanks, how do I set this up in IFTTT please?

18 minutes ago, DTLow said:

fwiw   There is an IFTTT integration between IOS Reminder Lists and Evernote

I can say Siri, add "this" to my Evernote List and it appears in Evernote

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, bassfordays said:

Thanks, how do I set this up in IFTTT please?

I edited my note and added the Trigger/Action details

With a few more steps, I can use the Notification Center EN widget to create a note, and use dictation.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
17 hours ago, bassfordays said:

When you have a million things going on at once, it is very useful to just TELL Siri to add it. Since iOS 10 is allowing for better integration with Siri for 3rd-party apps, will this be an added feature? If so, this would be great. 

Thanks

Hi,

iOS 10 is opening up Siri in limited categories. Evernote doesn't fit those categories, and we're looking forward to expanded Siri categories in upcoming OS versions.

Cheers,
Chuck

• Like 1

Creating a note with Siri without having to use IFTT or reminders, asking for a recipe you have, open an specific notebook,... all that stuff. For me would be very handy, since I use my Apple Watch all the time. Even if using the iPhone, it would save time because Siri would show up the results, instead of surfing on the different menus.

I don´t know if is technically complicated, but when I saw the iOS 10 keynote and they said that Siri´s Api would be open for developers, one of the first thoughts that came to my mind were Evernote... So, I find disappointing that Siri won´t be able to work with Evernote for the time being.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, cidrock said:

I don´t know if is technically complicated, but when I saw the iOS 10 keynote and they said that Siri´s Api would be open for developers, one of the first thoughts that came to my mind were Evernote... So, I find disappointing that Siri won´t be able to work with Evernote for the time being.

Up to now, it wouldn't be possible, but I'm looking forward to the potential now that Siri is becomming more open.

Of course its a question of priorities.  
Users can indicate their support for this request using the voting buttons in the upper left corner.Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 7.25.42 AM.png

• Like 1

My touch-free solution for Evernote has been to use email. Check your account page for the address where you can send an email to create a new note. (I think this may be Premium only now.) Add that to your Contacts and you can use "Hey Siri, email Evernote about [subject]." She'll ask what you want your message to say and you can dictate the rest of the note.

• Like 1