Akei

Chrome Feature Request: Show on Web Clipper icon if current URL is already in Evernote

Idea

It would be very useful to see a little number or image on the Web Clipper icon in browser, if the current URL I am visiting is already in my Evernote notes.

It has happened several times that I clip a website only to find out later that it was the second, third or fourth time I clipped the very same website into Evernote.

I hope this is useful for everybody.

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 replies to this idea

Hi.  What about clipping different selections from the same website or updated pages?  And would you want the site clipped first and then to wait while Evernote does a search of existing pages to check that this URL hasn't been seen before?  Or would you want Evernote not to clip until it's done the check?

I had a case today where,  as the result of someone mentioning a useful Search cheat sheet in another thread - https://www.cheatography.com/senseful/cheat-sheets/evernote/ - I went and grabbed it.  Turns out I already had two copies - one clipped in 2012 and one in 2014.  I kept the latest one.

Personally I'm in favor of fast clips,  with (maybe) Context to show me if I have any existing notes that relate to the item I just added.  If ever I'm in doubt I'll clip anyway;  if I ever notice (as I have a couple more times today) that a search brings up duplicate pages,  I'll delete them. 

The Pocket web clipper prevents duplicate bookmarks & saves, it alerts me with "link already exists".