punurv

add subject in notes

hi 

am new to evernote.  for sorting i needed to get the subject on the home page where i see all the notes.  i can add subject field but i cannot add anything and cant find subjet when i open the note in Windows. 

please help 

sample - evernote.docx

Hi.  I do not open files in a public forum.  Can you add this as a picture please?

• Like 1

its not allowing me to upload a picture in text . have printed a PDF. 

there is a "subject" filed which i can pull when i am reviewing the notes as header but i am not able to add anything in this filed.  

evernote-sample.pdf

Not sure what the subject field is or how you enter data into it. If I add the subject column to my view, it appears to contain the created date for most, but not all, notes. 

On July 26, 2016 at 5:19 AM, punurv said:

am new to evernote.  for sorting i needed to get the subject on the home page where i see all the notes.  i can add subject field but i cannot add anything and cant find subjet when i open the note in Windows. 

51 minutes ago, dbvirago said:

Not sure what the subject field is or how you enter data into it. If I add the subject column to my view, it appears to contain the created date for most, but not all, notes. 

I use it to store subject date when it differs from note creation date

On my Mac, I use AppleScript to update or display this field. 

I can add it as a column, but have no idea how it got populated or how I can change it.