who is sharing my notebook?

Hi 

i cannot find any way of seeing who I am sharing a Notebook with.  Is there a way of seeing this information?

I am on the Plus tier if that makes a difference.

Kindest

Kiran

• Level 5*

Hi.  In Evernote it's kind've up to you to keep tabs on sharing.  I share both notes and notebooks forinstance.

There are two ways to share:

1. To a defined email address,  which you'll find by right-clicking a note and choosing Share > Modify Sharing > Modify individual permissions...,  or by r/c a notebook and choosing Modify Notebook Sharing
  2. Or by publishing a public link,  in which  case anyone who has access to that link can see your note

If you're concerned in any way about the share,  you can always UNshare the note or notebook,  which means all your 'users' will lose access (although they could have copied your content into their own notes and therefore still have a snapshot of the last version). 

Deleting the note/ notebook will have the same effect,  though that seems a bit extreme!  (You could copy the content somewhere else and then delete I guess..)

I make sure that my shared notes and notebooks are clearly flagged with the type of share,  mainly because I don't want to edit or delete notes accidentally.  Individual note shares have their own notebook,  just to keep it tidy.  Notebook shares have (since my current beta made it possible) some interesting colored text to mark them out.  I'm also putting them into a 'Shared' Stack (that's a stack with that label,  not a stack I shared out...) to keep them separate.

Evernote has lots on sharing here Share notes and Share notebooks - hope that helps...

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, keypix said:

Hi 

i cannot find any way of seeing who I am sharing a Notebook with.  Is there a way of seeing this information?

I am on the Plus tier if that makes a difference.

Kindest

Kiran

In the Windows client, right click on the notebook in the left panel's notebook list. Select Properties, and in the Properties dialog, click on the blue text that says "Sharing and collaboration options". This will bring up a dialog that lists who you've shared your notebook with, and what permissions they have. Evernote subscription tier doesn't make any difference; this works even on the Basic tier.

4 minutes ago, jefito said:

In the Windows client, right click on the notebook in the left panel's notebook list. Select Properties, and in the Properties dialog, click on the blue text that says "Sharing and collaboration options". This will bring up a dialog that lists who you've shared your notebook with, and what permissions they have. Evernote subscription tier doesn't make any difference; this works even on the Basic tier.

Thanks Jefito

I'm on a mac so slightly different in so much that the menu item was "modify sharing'.  Don't know why I didn't right click earlier but problem solved, thanks!

Hi there @keypix;

In Evernote on your Mac, you can see who the notebooks are shared with by clicking the icon in the screenshot below:

Evernote_Premium_and_who_is_sharing_my_notebook__-_Mac_Help_-_Evernote_User_Forum.png

Please note: To enable the notebooks view above (if you haven't already), you will need to check the "new notebook view for personal accounts" option in the Evernote application's Preferences by selecting Evernote > Preferences > Software update from the menu bar. See the screenshot below.

Preferences_and_Evernote_Premium.png

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Archived