Security - Work Computer

Holdcard

My wife works and uses an office computer that we don't own. Is it possible to install the clipper on that machine and link it to her personal Evernote account and keep it secure? At work she does much of the same things we do in ministry. As she's looking things up at work, the clipper would be wonderful new reference source. Just want to make sure that no one at work would be able to get into here Evernote account or see what she's saved. 

Unfortunately, the company she's working for seems less than trustworthy in recent years. Even when she changes companies, security is still prudent. 

Thanks

• Level 5*

I would think that if she signs in to her account on the clipper at work the clipped info will appear in her EN account.  She might want to sign off of Clipper when she leaves the work machine.  She can sync when she gets home to see what she clipped.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Holdcard said:

Just want to make sure that no one at work would be able to get into here Evernote account or see what she's saved. 

I'm not sure if web clipper exposes any Evernote data - it seems to be an input tool.  
Anyways as @csihilling said; this can be controlled by logging out
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 2.53.52 PM.png

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Holdcard said:

Thanks but forgetting to sign out is a very real possibility. May be best to just not worry about it for now. We just don't want anyone to be able to get at ALL her evernote data. 

I don't think they will be able to get to her EN data if the clipper is left open, unless they have some way to hack the password she used to open clipper.  Worst they could do would be to clip stuff to her account if they were so inclined. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, csihilling said:

I don't think they will be able to get to her EN data if the clipper is left open

I'm not sure if this is correct, or not.

After I have signed in to the EN Clipper in Chrome, when I go to evernote.com, and click "sign in", it automatically signs me into the EN Web client without asking for any account credentials.

@Holdcard, you might ask your wife to test this on her work PC.

• Level 5*

Yeah, I couldn't quite tell to start.  I use LastPass and have a couple of EN accounts so some added confusion.  In any case, I removed an EN accounts from LP and and after that I can't get to my my EN web account after using clipper.  A good thing.  FireFox and Chrome.  

Seems to work for me, but not for JM.  So probably best to follow JMs advice and have her test it at work.  

• 1 year later...

Archived