iPad Notebook Syncing - Turn off for security considerations of client information

hundog82

Idea

Hey all, I'm working for a client who disallows utilization of any service which forces cloud syncing through any server other than their own. I'm an avid Evernote user but without the ability to limit syncing to Evernote's servers I'm forced to find another solution.

Is there any discussion ongoing about adding the ability to limit Cloud syncing within the iOS application so I can use my iPad Pro with my Apple Pencil to keep my notes secure within the device while not exposing confidential client information to Evernote's servers? It seems that Evernote would have thought about this by now given how awesome their application would be for enterprise users but thus far I can't find mention of client or customer security concerns within their archives or forums.

Am I missing something?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, hundog82 said:

Is there any discussion ongoing about adding the ability to limit Cloud syncing within the iOS application so I can use my iPad Pro with my Apple Pencil to keep my notes secure within the device while not exposing confidential client information to Evernote's servers?

Not that I know of.  No local notebooks in IOS EN, though you can do this using a local notebook on a laptop with desktop EN.  Even then the risk of accidentally moving a client note to a synced notebook or just the fact their data is on you machine could be enough to give the client pause.

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, hundog82 said:

Is there any discussion ongoing about adding the ability to limit Cloud syncing within the iOS application

The feature is available on the Mac/Windows platforms (local notebooks).
I've seen no mention of adding the feature to the mobile platforms.

Its not a requirement for me, but for those interested in this, please up vote the requst
Upper left corner of the discussion  Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 9.32.56 AM.png

• Level 5*

apple notes has this feature, and i think it is pretty nice, because it means you can make notes on the ipad, encrypt them with a touch of your finger, and then move them to the cloud (switching folders) if you want. it's very smooth. the only problem is the lack of a backup for that local data. i suppose you could backup your ipad on your computer, or to icloud, and preserve a copy of the data that way.

i think i could go either way on the issue of local notebooks. in evernote, without emcryption, how would you ever get stuff off of the ipad? a backup would probably be a pretty clumsy way to do it.

i'm not interested in voting. if the developers cannot decide priorities on their own, don't want to take the time read, evaluate, and engage in discussions, and need to rely on a tiny subset of a tiny subset of users to tell them what is "needed" for the app, we're in big trouble

Archived