Idea

Would be great to be able to merge notes within the app. I merge notes all the time on desktop, which is good for consolidating related content. Would love to be able to do this on mobile. 

• Like 8

10 replies to this idea

It is frustrating to have a application on multiple platforms that don't provide the same workflow. It would be nice if the various platform teams worked harder at providing the same capability and feel.

On 2018-04-28 at 9:39 AM, jigneshthar@gmail.com said:

Why force one to login to web for merging?

Even worse - note merging is a desktop app feature.

You're welcome to add your vote to this request.  Voting buttons are at the top left corner of the discussion5ae7736119bea_ScreenShot2018-04-30at12_49_42.png.299ff92705615fb93ff957a2e1d94a98.png

I strongly believe it's a must have feature and I was searching around since 2015 hoping evernote will implement this.

Now it's 2017 and the app still missing this features, what dose it take to implement it?

29 minutes ago, Stephen Morris said:

It would be nice if the various platform teams worked harder at providing the same capability and feel.

Yes it would be nice, and we're seeing evidence that Evernote working towards a common UI

This is a must for mobile devices.  Not having this prevents me from using the app for my workflow.

It is a real challenge to have this on one platform and not another.  I cannot understand how a capability/ feature can be provided to one platform and not another! The whole reason for Evernote to exist is capture of your information whereever, whatever, and whenever.  Why can't u guys give a Christmas present, and make merge available across platforms! 

20 hours ago, Hasaprice said:

I cannot understand how a capability/ feature can be provided to one platform and not another!

It gets worse when you try using mouse features on your tablet :)

Evernote has a Common Editor project, but there's never going to be complete feature parity between platforms

On 12/17/2017 at 3:15 PM, Hasaprice said:

It is a real challenge to have this on one platform and not another.  I cannot understand how a capability/ feature can be provided to one platform and not another! The whole reason for Evernote to exist is capture of your information whereever, whatever, and whenever.  Why can't u guys give a Christmas present, and make merge available across platforms! 

Different platforms have widely differing underlying operating system structures and capability, and differing programming requirements, so it doesn't surprise me that something relatively "advanced" like this is available in some places and not others. It's not possible in the Evernote Web interface either, only on Windows and Mac. I agree that it would be great to have, but I don't know how easy (or even possible) it would be. For me, at least, not being able to merge notes on my Android device doesn't inhibit me from capturing information on it; I just need to go somewhere else to manage the info in certain ways.

BTW, these are mostly user-to-user forums; Evernote staff peek in sometimes, but we're not able to address them directly here.

Very frustrating as cannot merge notes in android app. Why force one to login to web for merging? Send to evernote creates new note which user need to merge with existing note in app. Please enhance app.