Merge notes in app

Jeremy Yancey

Idea

18 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2018-04-28 at 9:39 AM, jigneshthar@gmail.com said:

Why force one to login to web for merging?

Even worse - note merging is a desktop app feature.

You're welcome to add your vote to this request.  Voting buttons are at the top left corner of the discussion5ae7736119bea_ScreenShot2018-04-30at12_49_42.png.299ff92705615fb93ff957a2e1d94a98.png

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, Stephen Morris said:

It would be nice if the various platform teams worked harder at providing the same capability and feel.

Yes it would be nice, and we're seeing evidence that Evernote working towards a common UI

It is a real challenge to have this on one platform and not another.  I cannot understand how a capability/ feature can be provided to one platform and not another! The whole reason for Evernote to exist is capture of your information whereever, whatever, and whenever.  Why can't u guys give a Christmas present, and make merge available across platforms! 

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Hasaprice said:

I cannot understand how a capability/ feature can be provided to one platform and not another!

It gets worse when you try using mouse features on your tablet :)

Evernote has a Common Editor project, but there's never going to be complete feature parity between platforms

• Level 5
On 12/17/2017 at 3:15 PM, Hasaprice said:

It is a real challenge to have this on one platform and not another.  I cannot understand how a capability/ feature can be provided to one platform and not another! The whole reason for Evernote to exist is capture of your information whereever, whatever, and whenever.  Why can't u guys give a Christmas present, and make merge available across platforms! 

Different platforms have widely differing underlying operating system structures and capability, and differing programming requirements, so it doesn't surprise me that something relatively "advanced" like this is available in some places and not others. It's not possible in the Evernote Web interface either, only on Windows and Mac. I agree that it would be great to have, but I don't know how easy (or even possible) it would be. For me, at least, not being able to merge notes on my Android device doesn't inhibit me from capturing information on it; I just need to go somewhere else to manage the info in certain ways.

BTW, these are mostly user-to-user forums; Evernote staff peek in sometimes, but we're not able to address them directly here.

On 12/18/2017 at 1:01 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Different platforms have widely differing underlying operating system structures and capability, and differing programming requirements, so it doesn't surprise me that something relatively "advanced" like this is available in some places and not others. It's not possible in the Evernote Web interface either, only on Windows and Mac. I agree that it would be great to have, but I don't know how easy (or even possible) it would be. For me, at least, not being able to merge notes on my Android device doesn't inhibit me from capturing information on it; I just need to go somewhere else to manage the info in certain ways.

BTW, these are mostly user-to-user forums; Evernote staff peek in sometimes, but we're not able to address them directly here.

SO, then, where are you able to address them? Just because the existing functionality works for you, personally, provides very little relief to the MANY frustrated users who NEED this VERY simple functionality. It is possible. You just have to figure out how.

IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, kindly tell is that the web versions and android versions and iphone versions do not, and will not ever have this feature, rather than simply ignoring the requests and providing no update. This way we subscribers who PAY to use your service can begin to look for another solution :)

• Level 5
On 9/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, PatrickwKitchen said:

SO, then, where are you able to address them? Just because the existing functionality works for you, personally, provides very little relief to the MANY frustrated users who NEED this VERY simple functionality. It is possible. You just have to figure out how.

IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, kindly tell is that the web versions and android versions and iphone versions do not, and will not ever have this feature, rather than simply ignoring the requests and providing no update. This way we subscribers who PAY to use your service can begin to look for another solution :)

Hi Patrick, and welcome to the forums. I'm not sure if you quite got what I was saying at the end of the post you quoted. I said "we're not able to address them directly here," meaning we (users) are not able to address them (Evernote staff) directly in this forum. I'm a user just like you, and I have no ability to tell you what any versions of Evernote will or will not ever have, nor am I ignoring anything (as I probably should be in order to get some work done). I don't even know, as you somehow seem to know, how simple it would be to add note-merge functionality to the Android app. "Simple to use" ≠ "simple to program." Evernote staff are not lurking here, gleefully ignoring our demands. Since you are a paying subscribers, why not contact Evernote support using the means you have available (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) instead of griping at your fellow users here?

And BTW, I hope you've clicked the up arrow at the top of this page (as I have) to indicate your support for what would indeed be a valuable and useful feature.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
On 8/1/2020 at 10:51 AM, algi said:

OK - it's middle of 2020.

Will be "merge" function available in Android up or not ?

Hi, and welcome to the forums. As I understand it, Evernote is working on developing a more compatible UX across its various supported platforms. Note merge is available only in the Mac and Windows desktop programs. Hopefully it will come to the Android and other platforms as part of this large-scale upgrade, maybe sometime this year. But they have not given any specifics about that.

On 5/11/2016 at 2:21 AM, Jeremy Yancey said:

Would be great to be able to merge notes within the app. I merge notes all the time on desktop, which is good for consolidating related content. Would love to be able to do this on mobile. 

I would not hold your breath- this has been asked for by many paying customers for years and EN simply ignore them.

...please EN acolytes save the "not everyone wants the same thing" responses for someone else. We are being ignored.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, rob24hrs said:

please EN acolytes save the "not everyone wants the same thing" responses

I don't think there's any mobile users not wanting the merge feature   
I've added my vote to the request (vote button is at the top left corner of the discussion)