Need recommendation for scanner - WiFi a must!

• Level 5*

I have an old ScanSnap 1300 and like it, but it is tethered to a machine via USB.

I need to move to a WiFi model because the machine it is tethered to is about to die and can no longer serve as my "scanner server." So I want a good scanner that will do double sided scanning (don't have to switch the paper out) and then log into my Evernote account and drop the PDFs in my @Inbox notebook.

Evernote used to have a good set of web pages that had partner products on it, but those are only accessible now via Google and often have dead links or links to discontinued products.

It would need to connect to the internet through our Apple Timecapsule router.

We use Evernote for iOS, Windows, and Mac.

Any recommendations?

Edit: to clarify, I don't want a scanner that requires a PC/Mac be on and working to scan, even through wifi. I want it to send it directly to my Evernote account. I don't mind having to have a PC/Mac to configure the scanner, but after that, the scanner should be on, drop sheets in, press scan, and magic - document is in my Evernote account minutes later.

All of our machines are now laptops and my wife has an iPad only, so I don't want to have to fire up a machine to scan just to scan in docs received in the mail, etc.

How about using a raspberrypi?  Connect your current scanner to it.  You can then have it scan and dispatch the PDFs to Evernote without any other computer being involved.

its small, cheap and will reuse for current scanner which I assume your still happy with.

im using an ix500 which does have wifi but will not push to the Evernote without a computer.  I have a few pis around the house doing tasks and this is one I've been thinking about for a while.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Guyp said:

How about using a raspberrypi?  Connect your current scanner to it.  You can then have it scan and dispatch the PDFs to Evernote without any other computer being involved.

its small, cheap and will reuse for current scanner which I assume your still happy with.

im using an ix500 which does have wifi but will not push to the Evernote without a computer.  I have a few pis around the house doing tasks and this is one I've been thinking about for a while.

I find this difficult to believe. :( We have a cheapo $150 Canon printer/scanner that can scan directly to our Evernote notebooks, even with 2FA, but it doesn't have a document feeder and is designed for one page at a time.

I am going to be shocked if there are no scanners with document feeders that cannot do the same thing... 

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Not sure, but is this in the neighborhood?

No, but that is like my Canon. Operates totally independently of a PC, but lacks a document feeder.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Sorry, my bad, copied the wrong link.  A little pricey....

Ohhh.... promising!!!!

Not as pricy as the xi500 ScanSnap, which won't do wireless scanning.

I cannot get my answer 100% from their page, but I will send them an inquiry. If it works, I'll order from Amazon. I've always wanted a B&L laser, so this may kill two birds with one stone too.

I use an Epson Workforce WF3640 AIO to do exactly what you are wanting to do.  Device sits on its own, not cabled to anything. You can set it up for a variety of "Cloud" destinations - I have it set to send to scans to Evernote or Google Drive.  No PC necessary.  Drop the document in the feeder, mash a couple of buttons and off it goes to the cloud server.  Can send image as PDF or JPG, B/W or Color, Letter or Legal, One sided or Two sided. 

Cost is around $100 plus or minus - available at Office Depot, Amazon, etc.  Also works well as a Google Cloud Printer.  If you want to save a few bucks, get the WF3620.  Only difference is that one has just one paper drawer. 

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, gchamberlin said:

I use an Epson Workforce WF3640 AIO to do exactly what you are wanting to do.  .  

If you want to save a few bucks, get the WF3620.  Only difference is that one has just one paper drawer. 

Thanks for the recommendation.  The WF3620 definitely works for me, and saves you about $30, or more.

You can get it from B&H Photo/Video for only $90, that includes free expedited shipping, and no tax:

Epson WorkForce WF-3620 Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer at B&H

B&H is a highly reliable, cost-competitive vendor.  I have used them for decades.  Never had a problem that they didn't resolve very quickly.

Archived