Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oneota

Making a notebook

How do I make a new notebook?  When-ever I click on the notebook button, I don't get anything that lloks like a way of making a new one.  I have tried typing a new name, but that gets erased.  Evernote is really frustrating me.  HELP!

Which version of EN are you using?  Web, desktop?

On March 5, 2016 at 9:20 PM, oneota said:

How do I make a new notebook?  When-ever I click on the notebook button, I don't get anything that lloks like a way of making a new one.  I have tried typing a new name, but that gets erased.

>>Evernote is really frustrating me.
Don't let it 
frustrate you - just take it one step at a time and if you need help you already know where to find it.

Mac Version56de07b819af6_ScreenShot2016-03-07at2.56

Ipad VersionIMG_1157.thumb.jpg.eda951408ae081fc3669e

Web Version
56de0a7c919b3_ScreenShot2016-03-07at3.08

56de0ba20a33a_ScreenShot2016-03-07at3.14

I'm not sure.  I didn't notice anything asking me if I wanted Web or desk-top.  But the same material is on both.  That is, the files that I saved I can find both by going to Evernote online and clicking on the desktop icon of Evernote.  I guess they're linked.  I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop.

2 minutes ago, oneota said:

I'm not sure.  I didn't notice anything asking me if I wanted Web or desk-top.

What device are you using; for example PC , Mac?

Do you execute an Evernote app, or do you use a web browser?

I am using a laptop running Windows.

I have used the web browser and the desktop app.  They both contain the same stuff that I've saved to  a single notebook.

I can't help with Windows, but in the above screenshots I show creating a notebook on the web platform

I see your screenshot, but  how do I get something like that?  What button do I push?

On the left side you see icons.  You click on the one that looks like a book.

Then when you have the notebook page displayed, you click on the + icon in the upper right corner.

Thanks, but the "new notebook"  explanation is way down a list of guides, and it is incomplete, since there is no "notebooks"  label.  Only your advice to click on an icon helped me.

6 minutes ago, oneota said:

Thanks, but the "new notebook"  explanation is way down a list of guides, and it is incomplete, since there is no "notebooks"  label.

56ded23999e71_ScreenShot2016-03-08at5.22

As I said, the word "notebooks" does not appear on my screen:  just an icon, which was pretty enigmatic to me.

It's possible that oneota may be having an issue similar to mine:

Here's the one thing that irritates me... I'm in Chrome with the Evernote WebClipper Extension. I want to save a page or something else to Evernote, but I want it in a new notebook. To do so, I have to OPEN Evernote in a new tab to create the folder.

Why can't I just create it on the fly. They have a "Search for notebooks". They have an "ADD TAG". Would it be that hard to add a "Add to a new Notebook" option?

evernote.png