Is there a way to make the Notebook view the default view?

• Level 5
I don't know what you mean by the Notebook view.

In Evernote Windows, there are only 3 views

>View >Note List >

List 

Snippet

Card

The F10 key toggles the Left Panel on and off. The list of notebooks are in the left panel.

• 1 year later...

There used to be a top level view that showed icons of all your notebooks that you could then click on to drill down. I found that tremendously useful but I am unable to find that view anymore. I did switch from a mac to a PC recently and that may be the reason why.

• Level 5*

In the Windows client, notebooks are shown in a tree in the left panel: View / Left Panel. There used to be a separate notebook panel that took up most of the main view, but I think that that's been removed for a while. I don't maintain a lot of notebooks, so the left panel works fine for me.

• Level 5*

I believe I saw a comment from one of the devs that the notebook view might make a reappearance,  but I'm on the beta track and haven't seen it yet...  I'm currently rocking a lot of notebooks (for a specific project - don't ask :blink:) but even so that project has a stack,  and the left panel does fine for me with or without the long list.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is a bit of an old discussion, but I much prefer to see my notebooks on the left panel.  Not only are they easier to access this way, but I have a long list of tags that I use.

I really hate the view that opens up in just Notes, plus a bunch of stuff I never, ever use - "meeting note" and "work chat".

I am using the web version and there should be a way to go back to this older view. 

There are many of us who use Evernote for our creative projects and not in work environments, nor do we work on teams. 

Archived