Request - Outline-style move for list items

whardy

Idea

I would like to request a feature that would allow me to move items in a list up or down and the numbers adjust accordingly. Basically, it would help in prioritizing list items. In a Word outline you can use Shift-Control Up/Down arrow to move items around. It is very handy and would take EN lists up a notch.

Thanks for considering it!

Wayne

4 replies to this idea

It's fairly commonly known that you can just highlight the line of text and drag it around.... albeit, it's a bit clunky.  But, today, I discovered a little game changer. Now it's not as elegant as shift + alt + arrow (up or down), but it'll certainly do for now. For a list with a number, bullet, or checkbox at the beginning of each line--if you hover over the number, bullet, or checkbox--you will see a little hand appear. Once the hand appears, you can left click, and easily drag the item (or line) up or down the list.

Being able to move paragraphs up and down (and highlighted text), left and right using <alt> <shift> arrows has always been a favorite function of mine in microsoft word, one note and outlook. I have wished, wished and wished for it to become a reality in evernote. It helps make organizing text so simple. No mouse needed.  It is not just useful for outline levels, but for any paragraph text that you want to move around. Up,  down, indent or un-indent. I sincerely hope Evernote will consider this. This will really enhance the value of Evernote as a brainstorming tool. One simply comes up with a random list of ideas, then uses <alt> <shift> arrows to put them into correct sequence, to group related ideas under a heading. A truly wonder feature for evernote. Please add it. So many people will be thankful if you do, and when you do.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, lac9600 said:

always been a favorite function of mine in microsoft word

MS Word works for me.  I store the documents in Evernote as an attachment to a note

Archived