Web Client Release 9/2/2015 - Updated widths and padding

nanphan

Idea

Here's what went into tonight's release. Please let us know if there are any new issues / bugs. - Nancy 

RELEASE NOTES

New Features

We’ve received a lot of feedback about excess whitespace getting in the way of the content. As result, we’ve updated the size of the note list and padding around notes. 

• New Snippet Widths -  When looking at all notes or a notebook, the note list will now have a smaller width. 
  • Note Widths - When viewing a note “expanded” aka full view, you’ll now see more of your note. 

+ minor bug fixes

10 replies to this idea

Bug which still needs to be fixed.

Evernote does not respect the font size set by the author.

This is incredibly irritating if you are working on something that requires different font sizes.

Write a sentence in "24"  >  move it > the font size changes automatically to default.

As I said, incredibly irritating  :angry:

I use Evernote to create materials to show to students in large classrooms so I constantly have to use larger fonts.

Please fix this.

I reported it a long long time ago. 

Bug which still needs to be fixed.

Evernote does not respect the font size set by the author.

This is incredibly irritating if you are working on something that requires different font sizes.

Write a sentence in "24"  >  move it > the font size changes automatically to default.

As I said, incredibly irritating  :angry:

I use Evernote to create materials to show to students in large classrooms so I constantly have to use larger fonts.

Please fix this.

I reported it a long long time ago. 

Hi Glennie, 

This fix requires an overhaul of our text editor which we are in the process of doing, but will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time. 

Nancy 

• Level 5

Here's what went into tonight's release. Please let us know if there are any new issues / bugs. - Nancy 

RELEASE NOTES

New Features

We’ve received a lot of feedback about excess whitespace getting in the way of the content. As result, we’ve updated the size of the note list and padding around notes.

• New Snippet Widths -  When looking at all notes or a notebook, the note list will now have a smaller width. 
  • Note Widths - When viewing a note “expanded” aka full view, you’ll now see more of your note. 
+ minor bug fixes

Hi Nancy,

The normal view now really looks much better and shows more of a note:

old:

Evernote%201.png

new:

Evernote_web_1.png

But the full view still does not show much more of the note than the normal view and therefore still does not make much sense to me:

Evernote_web_2.png

When opening a note in a seperate window in the old web client much more of a note is displayed and this I call a full view:

Evernote_web_3.png

2015-09-07, Update: Was there a step back tonight or is it due to the Linux version or the different screen resolution? I don't see any white space improvements under Linux (1920 x 1080 pixels) this morning at work.

• Level 5

Hi,

I want to report a scrolling problem. When scolling to the very bottom of a note the note begins to jump up and down. I attached a note with a short screen recording. I am using the latest Firefox on the latest OS X version.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/860d7c46-cd7a-473a-be8a-21017c1817e3/363f83dc18962999872705450408847d

2015-09-07, Update: The same problem occurs under Linux using FIrefox.

Try refreshing the page - you won't see the most updated version without that (or log out and back in).

RELEASE NOTES

New Features

+ minor bug fixes

Hi Nancy,

The normal view now really looks much better and shows more of a note:

old:

Evernote%201.png

new:

Evernote_web_1.png

But the full view still does not show much more of the note than the normal view and therefore still does not make much sense to me:

Evernote_web_2.png

When opening a note in a seperate window in the old web client much more of a note is displayed and this I call a full view:

Evernote_web_3.png

2015-09-07, Update: Was there a step back tonight or is it due to the Linux version or the different screen resolution? I don't see any white space improvements under Linux (1920 x 1080 pixels) this morning at work.

Hi,

I want to report a scrolling problem. When scolling to the very bottom of a note the note begins to jump up and down. I attached a note with a short screen recording. I am using the latest Firefox on the latest OS X version.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/860d7c46-cd7a-473a-be8a-21017c1817e3/363f83dc18962999872705450408847d

2015-09-07, Update: The same problem occurs under Linux using FIrefox.

Thank you for reporting the issue.  We understand the root cause and will look into addressing it in the future. 

Nancy 

• Level 5

Try refreshing the page - you won't see the most updated version without that (or log out and back in).

That does not help. I boot my workstation every day. I also deleted the browser cache.

This is how it looks on my Macbook Air:

Evernote_web_1.png

And the same note on my Linux workstation:

evernote_web.png

My guess is that there still exists a maximum width for a note. The screen resolution on my Linux workstation is bigger (1920 x 1080 versus 1440 x 900). The word wrap that is visible on my Linux workstation is exactly the one that I see on my Mac when using the full view which just shows a little bit more than in the normal view (see previous post). It looks like what I see on my Linux workstation in normal and full view and on my Mac in full view is the maximum width of a note. So for bigger screens the change does not really provide much of an improvement as far as white space is concerned.

• Level 5

Hi,

I would like to report another minor deficiency. When there is no picture in a note or only the option "Show Text" is active for a note the notes title in the note list is obscured by the icons when hovering with the mouse over an entry:

Evernote_bug.png

If "Show Text" is not active or "Show Pictures" is active the title is shortened:

Bildschirmfoto%202015-09-08%20um%2016.26

This looks much nicer.

Archived