Greed prevails, no more email, no more Evernote. Try GoodReader

Greedy cash grab by highly profitable company, combined with specious, disingenuous

excuse that it's really what's best for our customers = create notebooks in GoodReader,

transfer notes into Good Reader and delete Evernote. I'll bet I'm not the only one for whom

this is the final straw. Goodbye

GoodReader is a much better app. Does much more and NO IAPs or sneaky lets keep deleting features to get people to pay to have notebooks. Check it out, you won't be sorry. Don't get me wrong, Evernote, the product is great. Evernote the company, not so much.

• Level 5*

goodreader? it's something entirely different.

highly profitable? i'm not aware of any numbers or reports about large profits. where did you hear about this?

pay to have notebooks? i'm not aware of any such scheme. perhaps i missed something.

evernote is free for anyone to use. sounds pretty generous to me. and, they have paid tiers, because they are a company with employees, tens of millions of users, and so forth. free doesn't pay for much.

could they have done a better job rolling out the new pay tiers? maybe. but, i don't think the rough spots have anything to do with greed. if you have a better solution for the company to earn money, i'm sure they'd love to hear about it.

Greedy cash grab by highly profitable company, combined with specious, disingenuous

excuse that it's really what's best for our customers = create notebooks in GoodReader,

transfer notes into Good Reader and delete Evernote. I'll bet I'm not the only one for whom

this is the final straw. Goodbye

GoodReader is a much better app. Does much more and NO IAPs or sneaky lets keep deleting features to get people to pay to have notebooks. Check it out, you won't be sorry. Don't get me wrong, Evernote, the product is great. Evernote the company, not so much.

Yes!!! The audacity of a company actually wanting to get paid for their work!!!

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/85992-the-mail-conundrum-pay-or-abandon-your-notes/

• 8 months later...

Using Goodreader to organize your notes it's like using a fork, instead of a screwdriver, to repair a car. They are totally different tools.

I consider fair the price I pay for Evernote. Good for them if they make lots of money (I also want to make money), as long as they keep providing a good service for reasonable price.

Archived