[Feature Request] Text Formatt in predefined patterns like: title, comment, etc

I was thinking, we can do almost everything in the evernote format bar, but if we could make predefined patterns to shorten the edition time?

I have a note which I put my call logs and update my job's status, but everytime I add something, I have to manually format it again.

The feature will have default options, like H1, H2, H3, Paragraph, Comment and stuff like this just for faster editing.

What about it?

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's possible to create and save a 'template' note with the necessary fields and formats,  and copy that note when a new blank one is required.  There are  also third party applications that will create and save a particular format - such as https://kustomnote.com/

• Level 5*

The feature will have default options, like H1, H2, H3, Paragraph, Comment and stuff like this just for faster editing.

The feature you are referring to is called "Styles", and has been requested many times in these forums.

Styles would be a huge timesaver, not just for new Notes, but for existing ones as well, like web clippings.

Templates are also useful, but don't really address this need.  They certainly are of no help with existing Notes.

The 'last word' about implementing new features by Evernote Developers are only defined by them?

I mean, is there a way to show the needs with votes or something like it?

@gazumped thanks for the info, I'll search Transpose too

• Level 5*

Evernote presumably carry out user surveys to help them decide what features to implement next,  and with a worldwide customer base of 100M+ they have a lot of customers.  Their feedback net is a lot wider than just this forum - they get feedback on their own blog posts,  articles and reviews and interact with other sources like G+ / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn.  There's no central 'register' of features requests.

EN also have other inputs - OS9 and Windows 10 come along,  and their product needs checking and maybe developing against each new OS.  They have a continuing (and I would imagine very active) stream of suppport requests and bug reports which point to necessary maintenance and development.  They -presumably- have a plan to manage all of this within their available and future resources over the next 2-5 years.

It's their product;  ultimately as long as it continues to sell acceptably well,  they're pretty much going to do what they deem is good for the company,  and look after us users as well as they can.

:mellow:

• Level 5*

Evernote presumably ...

@Gaz:  There you go again, pontificating about things that you have no direct knowledge of.  "Presumably" is the operative work here, isn't it?

Since neither you nor I are Evernote employees, we don't really know how Evernote makes product decisions.  So it is really pointless to speculate about it, especially when you make some statements as if they are facts.

@Shu Hikari:

Here is what can be said about feature selection and customer input for features:

1. For many years Evernote CEO Phil Libin has publicly stated, and restated in numerous interviews that Evernote primarily chooses the features that they personally want.  They seem to believe that if they want it, most other users will also want it.  In spite of these statements, we still don't really know if this is how things work internally.
  2. There is no official feature request web site and not even a dedicated section on these forums.
  3. For many years Evernote said they were not interested in surveys, but in recent months from time to time they will send out surveys by invitation only.  I don't know how one gets an invitation, nor are the results publicly published, AFAIK.
  4. What has been posted in these forums many times is that if you have a feature request you can post it in one of the forums, and presumably an Evernote employee will eventually read it.  I make no such assumptions.
  5. Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your request on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.  Whether or not this will help get your feature implemented is unknown, IMO.  But at least it is a direct avenue of communicating with Evernote.
  • Level 5*
@Gaz:  There you go again, pontificating about things that you have no direct knowledge of.  "Presumably" is the operative work here, isn't it?

Not quite sure what I've done to incur your continuing ire,  but beginning a paragraph with 'presumably' usually does indicate that the writer has no real idea whether the content applies or not.  Yes I did speculate.  Exactly in the same way that you then proceeded to repeat at considerably greater length,  and to similar effect.  I agree with you (!) - no-one knows what process Evernote uses internally to determine their development.  Maybe they'll tell us one day...

• 5 months later...

Archived