kogami

chrome Web Clipper for Chrome Reduces Image Size

As described, when I go to clip an infographic or larger picture file, Evernote downscales it into a grainy, almost useless picture. Is there any way to fix this?

JB: I'm also experiencing degraded image resolution using the Clipper in Screenshot mode.

Mac OS 10.11.4, Chrome (49.0.2623.112 (64-bit), EN Build 6.8 (f50be2d/1.1.0.926) 

Me too. I've resorted to avoiding the web clipper screenshot feature entirely, because the desktop client's screenshot tool gets the full resolution. The Chrome Web Clipper ruins the quality.

For the web, I'd prefer if the Web Clipper feature worked well, since it also captures the URL where the screenshot was made, whereas the desktop one does not.

Is this something Evernote can fix?

On 3/28/2017 at 11:53 AM, scottcompton@Mac.com said:

Was there a resolution to this?  I have the same issue.  I don't see why your webclipper would arbitrarily downgrade the quality of the image.

See the image below. I'd say no, still nice and fuzzy! I really don't understand why something like this doesn't get addressed for two years!

83724-web-clipper-for-chrome-reduces-image-size.jpg

Why is Evernote (apparently) completely uninterested in fixing this? Screenshots with the Web Clipper look like they were taken on a monitor from 1985.

It seems this issue has been present for years!

• Like 1