Web Clipper for Chrome Reduces Image Size

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Me too. I've resorted to avoiding the web clipper screenshot feature entirely, because the desktop client's screenshot tool gets the full resolution. The Chrome Web Clipper ruins the quality.

For the web, I'd prefer if the Web Clipper feature worked well, since it also captures the URL where the screenshot was made, whereas the desktop one does not.

Is this something Evernote can fix?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/28/2017 at 11:53 AM, scottcompton@Mac.com said:

Was there a resolution to this?  I have the same issue.  I don't see why your webclipper would arbitrarily downgrade the quality of the image.

See the image below. I'd say no, still nice and fuzzy! I really don't understand why something like this doesn't get addressed for two years!

83724-web-clipper-for-chrome-reduces-image-size.jpg

• 5 months later...

Why is Evernote (apparently) completely uninterested in fixing this? Screenshots with the Web Clipper look like they were taken on a monitor from 1985.

It seems this issue has been present for years!

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

2021 and this is still a thing! I'm using the Chrome extension and I just noticed that the screenshots are fuzzy. I can't believe it has been so long and Evernote has not addressed this. It is absolutely not an issue with my monitor settings. I'm set at 100% original scale and it is on a higher resolution monitor. If I use Windows 10 built-in snip and sketch and then paste into evernote I do not have this problem. So no way around it this is Evernote's problem. What a joke.