Web Client Beta Release Notes 3/18/2015

nanphan

Idea

Another release, another opportunity for more features to get added. Here's what was included in last night's release. Please continue to report any issues with these features. 

New Features
  • Reorder Shortcuts - Drag shortcuts that you've created and order them any way you want 
  • Add Stacks to Shortcuts - Add an existing stack into your shortcuts by clicking on the "star" icon when hovering on a stack. 
+ Minor Bug Fixes

Coming Soon
  • Reorder reminders via drag & drop 

Happy note creating, 

Nancy 

11 replies to this idea

I have used Evernote almost every day for several years.  I love it. I use it. I recommend it to others.

But, I HATE the new web interface.

I know this is for comments about the latest release, so my feedback on the release is that it SUCKS, because the new web interface SUCKS.  I know it came out a few months ago, but every time I come to the same conclusion - I hate it.  The original web interface worked just fine, not sure why the change.  

This is my first posting on the forums, but today I just can't take the web interface any more!!  

If you make the windows version look the web version, I will cancel my premium membership and move elsewhere.

Thanks for listening (I hope)

I have used Evernote almost every day for several years.  I love it. I use it. I recommend it to others.

I know this is for comments about the latest release, so my feedback on the release is that it SUCKS, because the new web interface SUCKS.  I know it came out a few months ago, but every time I come to the same conclusion - I hate it.  The original web interface worked just fine, not sure why the change.  

This is my first posting on the forums, but today I just can't take the web interface any more!!  

If you make the windows version look the web version, I will cancel my premium membership and move elsewhere.

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that the Beta is giving you trouble. What helps us best is constructive feedback. If you could help us understand your scenario a little better and what you find difficult, we can better address the feedback as we continue to try to improve the product. 

Nancy 

Great!

And what about note linking?  Are you planning to release it soon? 

It's the last thing I need to Web beta full using. 

Thanks and regards

Suky

Thanks, Suky. Yes, it will be available in a future release. :)

The new web Beta interface appears to have lost the nesting of tags available in the old version.  ALL of my note organizing within Evernote is done by tags, not notebooks.  The ability to nest tags has been a tremendous productivity improvement to finding things quickly within EN without using the search function so often.  Am I missing something with the new Beta version of the nested tags or has that function been lost?  Is there any plans to include nested tags in Beta and future releases of EN.  I need to know soon so I can make appropriate changes.  I have spent lots of time setting up EN to use tags for my organization and I'm not understanding why the decision was made to drop that functionality from the new Beta version.

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that the Beta is giving you trouble. What helps us best is constructive feedback. If you could help us understand your scenario a little better and what you find difficult, we can better address the feedback as we continue to try to improve the product. 

Nancy 

The explanation I can come up with as the description of my complaint is that the new web interface is filled with "mystery meat navigation".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_meat_navigation

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/mysterymeatnavigation.html

Basically you can't see what you are doing, where the icons are, where anything is.  The old interface used proven methods of navigation, text editing, lists of notes and notebooks, etc.  You are chasing the latest fad in UI design while ignoring proven concepts.

The new interface is very "pretty" but it is not very useful.  If you will browse through the rest of your forum here, you see lots of similar comments.

Hype sells, but functionality rules.  I'd rethink the designer interface and go back to something useful for folks who use your product everyday.

The explanation I can come up with as the description of my complaint is that the new web interface is filled with "mystery meat navigation".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_meat_navigation

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/mysterymeatnavigation.html

Basically you can't see what you are doing, where the icons are, where anything is.  The old interface used proven methods of navigation, text editing, lists of notes and notebooks, etc.  You are chasing the latest fad in UI design while ignoring proven concepts.

The new interface is very "pretty" but it is not very useful.  If you will browse through the rest of your forum here, you see lots of similar comments.

Hype sells, but functionality rules.  I'd rethink the designer interface and go back to something useful for folks who use your product everyday.

Thanks, Rich. This helps a lot and we understand the problems that the UI is causing. We'll continue to take this into consideration as we continue to improve the product. 

Nancy 

Hello

Can we have the ability to move notes from personal to business notebooks, this isn't available in the old web interface or the new beta, will this be possible in the future?

Hello

Can we have the ability to move notes from personal to business notebooks, this isn't available in the old web interface or the new beta, will this be possible in the future?

Hi ianfm, 

Thank you for bubbling this up. We are aware of this limitation and will take this into consideration in a future release. This is an unfortunate inconsistency between Web and other clients and we understand that it causes our users to take additional work arounds in order to get notes into the proper notebook. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

Archived