Evernote on android text size and font?

• 11 months later...

I need to be able to control the font on Android. I have a large project coming up that requires this. This has been ongoing for years. Virtually no response from Evernote. I generally like the product but without this feature I'll have to go elsewhere for this project.

I need to be able to control the font on Android. I have a large project coming up that requires this. This has been ongoing for years. Virtually no response from Evernote. I generally like the product but without this feature I'll have to go elsewhere for this project.

Despite years of user requests, you can't control the font on Android - or iOS, for that matter. You can make fonts bigger across the system by changing the Android display settings, but that makes all apps use a bigger font, not just Evernote.

• 2 months later...

I am a new user to Evernote, and have the same concerns. My notes use a huge sans-serif font on my Android device, and I need to be able to make it smaller for this to be functional for me. It is remarkable to me that this basic basic functionality is missing!  It sounds like I need to be searching elsewhere for a workable app. Sigh. Otherwise I like the product.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Level 5
6 hours ago, BluSleeper said:

I agree that this is basic. I can't adjust the font size and this is even more problematic when copy pasting. It somehow decides to enlarge the font on its own on Android. 

Any solutions or workarounds are welcome. 

Just to report that this has been under discussion more recently here:

I've been told that they are working on fixing the paste issue for the next Android update.

• 1 month later...

Seems to me in early versions of Evernote for Android (I have been a user since 2012) I was able to underline, change font, font color, etc. Evernote: Is this true, or am I remembering some other application that I used? If it's true, what happened to that code? Seems to me a little keyboard icon came up that I was able to touch. I keep looking for it.

• 1 month later...

the best solution is not touching fonts at all. On web, the default font is Gotham, on Windows it is Tahoma, and Android...well... maybe depending on the system settings? Imo, there should be a small selection (maybe like on web)  of fonts, and they should be the same across ALL platforms and devices. Simplicity would help here.

• Level 5

Simplicity might really be best. The Windows Evernote program has access to all Windows fonts, of course, and once you use some Tempus Sans ITC, for instance, in a note, your expectations ratchet up. But really, for a simple note (not a publishable essay or Web page), how many font choices do you need? If the tradeoff is fewer on Windows and more on Android, that might be OK.

• 10 months later...
  • Level 5
On 1/13/2018 at 1:45 PM, Daywalkerswife said:

I do need that feature. The font on my smartphone is extremely small, can't read without glasses. My former simple app can adjust the default font sice.  Everything can, so why not the app that i just payed 59,99 Euros for? Unexpected disappointment! 

I'd recommend going to this feature request and clicking the up arrow at the top to vote it up:

There's a long thread there, and the topic wanders a bit; but it's got significant support, and one more will help.

• 1 month later...

Archived