Problems with new update on my Mac

Bill Hersh

Idea

I downloaded the new version of EverNote today to my Mac that runs Mountain Lion (10.8.3). (I can't upgrade to Yosemite yet because by organization does not support it yet.)

Everything is messed up, and I worry that my whole library will get corrupted. When I click on a note, the text usually does not display. What does happen, however, is that the title changes to "Untitled". This propagates to my iPad and iPhone. Fortunately the next is not changed.

But as one who upgraded to Premium because I use Evernote for some critical business functions, I am extremely worried about this, and it appears that I cannot contact the company until tomorrow (Monday).

Has anyone else had this problem?

15 replies to this idea

Hello Bill,

I had exactly the same problem this morning, and after quitting and restarting Evernote on my Mac several times (and fixing all the Untitled note subjects on the web page) it is now working fine.

I don't know if the Mac client needed to update some local DB or re-sync with the server (there wasn't any obvious network traffic during this time) but in my case after an hour or more it just started working again.

This was on Yosemite (latest 10.10.1) so it isn't just your system.

Very strange (and very annoying)...

I'm having the same problem on Yosemite for Evernote Version 6.0 for Mac

1- Changes title to "Untitled"

2- Does not show notes in not view.  The note content is still there as I see it on iPad and on Mac when viewing the note in presentation mode.

Since I don't trust the Mac App entirely, I started using the web interface.  It is quite nice but not a full replacement for the App but will work until the issues get fixed.

Hi,

I just upgraded to Version 6.0 for Macthis morning and been having the same problems! I shouldn't have did it before checking with the forum.

My problem is not about the "Untiltled", rather the note in the view takes ages to appear. And this is particularly annoying when I want to change the note and open a new or old one! This slows my work.

Hope you guys do sth about it.

My operating system is OS X 10.9.5

• Level 5

This has been reported several times. It seems to be a problem with the App Store version (6.0).

I recommend that you uninstall Evernote completely, download the version (6.0.1) directly from Evernote and re-install.

But first check whether all you notes are on the Evernote server and possibly back-up you evernote database on your Mac.

Same thing here --- I deeply regret uploading this newer version of the app.

I have Evernote Premium

I have Yosemite 

I have a macbook air 

My Evernote was working fine at first and now it takes forever to open a new note and even when it does I can sometimes paste to the title  bar but not to the body of the notes.

I can use my web clipper to save to Evernote but when I cross over to Evernote to access the note I cannot edit it because the page takes forever to open.  

Also my Webclipper doesn't paste to the Title Bar so that my clipped notes are all UNTITLED.

I can go to my iPhone and everything looks normal or if it doesn't I can easily edit and sync and finally then my macbook Evernote is corrected.  

How could they have released such a Sh***y version without testing it properly?

UPDATE:  I did get rid of the version that I down loaded from the app store and re installed a new version directly from the evernote website which works fine. Although I don't like the new version as much as the old version. So the problem was solved thanks to other people for suggesting this fix.  I believe the app store version has been fixed now as well.

Same thing here --- I deeply regret uploading this newer version of the app.

I have Evernote Premium

I have Yosemite 

I have a macbook air 

My Evernote was working fine at first and now it takes forever to open a new note and even when it does I can sometimes paste to the title  bar but not to the body of the notes.

I can use my web clipper to save to Evernote but when I cross over to Evernote to access the note I cannot edit it because the page takes forever to open.  

Also my Webclipper doesn't paste to the Title Bar so that my clipped notes are all UNTITLED.

I can go to my iPhone and everything looks normal or if it doesn't I can easily edit and sync and finally then my macbook Evernote is corrected.  

How could they have released such a Sh***y version without testing it properly?

Have you updated to the recently released 6.0.2? It seems to have resolved for me several of the issues you are experiencing. 

I just wanted to log having exactly the same problems.  C'mon guys - you've won me on simplicity and user interface, I evangelize and encourage friends to follow suit, and worry that these principles have been over-ridden in a new version that just seems to be new aesthetic, with serious gremlins?

I downloaded version 6.0.3 from the App Store and it seems to to have fixed the issues I was having.

Great work Evernote for becoming aware of the issue, resolving it, and getting it back in the App Store in about a week.  Things like this can happen and it is nice to know you are quick to resolve the issues.  Thanks!

• Level 5*

confirming that evernote does not work with mac yosemite---anyone know when will EN fix it?

:o

I have no idea what you are talking about.   :huh:

I, and many others have been running EN Mac Ver 6.0.5+ on Yosemite for some time now.

Yes, there are a few Yosemite-specific issues for a few users, but it seems to work for most users.

If you like to post the specific issues you are having, perhaps someone could help.

Archived