redesign wasting rediculous amount of screen real estate

ndm

Idea

I use this tool as advertised: "a productivity tool"

why would you then redesign it so form > function?

is this going to get fixed? I've already started migration to a different service, no more new notes will be made in evernote if it stays this way, so I hope they get their ***** together.

I feel sorry for the people who have paid for this product.

screenshot added to show you how ridiculous it looks on just a 1080p screen, I'm too scared to open it on my 1440p monitor.

please fire the guy who thought this was a good idea.

edit: as a reference: look at how the previous interface was just packed with information, as it should be! 

post-234545-0-02598300-1415955449_thumb.

10 replies to this idea

I agree, the beta is extremely wasteful in terms of screen space. I will not use the product in this form.

The notes and tags lists need options to be WAY more compact. 

If you select a specific notebook it takes you to a list of notes with absurdly large margins and a huge header with the title of that note that remains on screen even if you scroll through your notes.

Please reconsider this design.

I am not a fan of the new redesign as it is not a finished or completed by any means.  I am a fan though of what I think it could be like.  I like the fact that it is cleaned up and looks less cluttered.  This afternoon while reading the various news sites, I came upon this little jewel: http://beta.next.cnn.com/, and my first thought was maybe this is where Evernote is headed with this project.  If so, keep going.

"it isn't finished" or, like I hear others say "dont complain, it's still in beta"

I don't want no stinkin unfinished or beta software, again, it's a productivity tool, stop wasting my time, stop pretending you're microsoft, stop releasing unfinished software.

thx.

• Level 5*

"it isn't finished" or, like I hear others say "dont complain, it's still in beta"

I don't want no stinkin unfinished or beta software, again, it's a productivity tool, stop wasting my time, stop pretending you're microsoft, stop releasing unfinished software.

Then go back to the released version.

The beta/preview/prerelease is out there for people to comment on its usability before it's actually released, but to use it you need to understand that it's not feature complete and features are being added (on a weekly basis, I think); it's certainly not ready for prime time for a lot of users.

Ranting aside, I agree with first couple of posts.  Too much white space.  I'll go along with an option for less clutter, but give us the ability to use that space!  For those familiar with gmail, a long while back they introduced a version with more white space, but fortunately there were choices.  I promptly switched to the "compact" option so I could get as much info as possible at one time.

Thanks for dedicating a forum section to user input!

Please add this feature.

I recently rejoined evernote after many years. I thought evernote was a forward-thinking company, but its desktop app is so 2005. Hello! We use laptops in 2015, and screen real estate is precious. We don't need giant AOL style toolbars over every note. This kind of decision alienates "power-users"... i.e. the people most willing to actually "pay" for evernote. OMG, I have to use a sticky note pad when I'm actually *taking* notes or else my evernote will take up 1/2 of the screen. Seems like evernote is surprisingly poor "note-taking" app, in spite of its name. And, if you're actually using it to take notes as you surf the web, it would be very useful to have an always-on-top or "pin" button in the toolbar to stop other apps from stealing focus, but nope. I have to use a third-party tool to actually use it this way.

These are obvious features. I thought evernote was a mature product.

I'm new to evernote premium and love some aspects of it (in particular, its integration), but OneNote is going to eat its lunch if these kind of basic gui customization features can be neglected for 7 years. The web app seems almost as weirdly wasteful of vertical screen real estate as the desktop app.

As a developer myself, I know that there must be evernote developers who have the same gripe. They're not the ones pulling the strings, apparently.

Archived