How to make PDF and PPT default as attachment view

There seems to be some discussion around this on the forums but I have not found a solution to make PDF set to only view as attachments.  The only solution I have found is to right click the previewed document and change the setting.  Also I do not see any consistency as to when a file shows as preview vs. attachment.  Can someone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

This is great and works! Thanks JMichaelTX. Any idea how to do this on the PC version of the software? This option under clipping appears to be missing. Don't know why they would leave this off the list for PC users. It drives me nuts to minimize every document after I attach them via my PC client. 

Thanks

On 6/18/2016 at 0:28 AM, americanninja said:

This is great and works! Thanks JMichaelTX. Any idea how to do this on the PC version of the software? This option under clipping appears to be missing. Don't know why they would leave this off the list for PC users. It drives me nuts to minimize every document after I attach them via my PC client. 

Thanks

Hi there @americanninja. This option should be available in the Windows versions under  Tools > Options > Note. 

Once there, make sure Always show PDF documents inline is selected.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

• 2 years later...
On 10/3/2014 at 3:15 AM, JMichaelTX said:

In your EN Mac app, See Evernote > Preferences > Clipping to set the default viewing for attachments.

Unfortunately this is only for clipped pdfs and my experience is that they tend to revert back to inline anyway. 

A simple option that lets users choose to view pdf's as attachments is surely not too much to ask. 

• Level 5*
On 8/12/2018 at 2:05 AM, UncleJr said:

A simple option that lets users choose to view pdf's as attachments is surely not too much to ask. 

This works for me for ALL PDFs, regardless of how they were attached.

Running Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.12.6.

image.png.369db6e623df85505357ce79ae43cbb8.png

Archived