How to know how many person have access in a shared notebook?

Hi there, recently, I shared my notebook with my friends using "Public link url". So, I gave them link via IM in order for them to join my shared notebook. They said, they already clicked the link and joined my shared notebook.

How can I edit permission and see how many people are in my shared notebook if I using "Public link url"?

Thank you and I can elaborate more if you need more information. :)

I do not believe it is possible to see how many people have joined a publicly shared notebook. 

If you want to have control over who has access you are best to share the notebook with that individual rather than publicly. This way you can always grant or deny permission and track who has access. 

I do not believe it is possible to see how many people have joined a publicly shared notebook. 

If you want to have control over who has access you are best to share the notebook with that individual rather than publicly. This way you can always grant or deny permission and track who has access. 

Okay thanks. I will ask them for their Evernote email address and invite them to my shared notebook via email address. Thanks :)

You don't necessarily need their blahblah@evernote.com email address, just the address they used to register for Evernote. In fact, you might not even need that, I think any address will work and Evernote figures it out when they accept the invitation. 

You don't necessarily need their blahblah@evernote.com email address, just the address they used to register for Evernote. In fact, you might not even need that, I think any address will work and Evernote figures it out when they accept the invitation. 

Yes, I mean email that they use to register on Evernote. It is success now thanks :)

• Level 5

I sometimes use the Google url shortener - not only do I end up with a very short url, but I also have some information on where the URL is used. It is not perfect, but it gives me an idea of what posts are effective and read.

Here is some of the information I can obtain from a shared shortened URL

The long Evernote URL (105 characters long)

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/a19628b1-1d88-4261-9949-7de93878e7b8/6de08402999d3b13799e713d908125b1

The same information with a Google shortened URL (20 characters long)

http://goo.gl/8MtRJN

• 5 months later...

Can i share a notebook with non Evernote Users and not require them to have a password or evernote account?

Yes. You can make a note public or private. You'll have to tinker with the options in whatever client you're using. 

Archived