Zoom (Desktop) and Click to Edit (mobile)

Hey guys I really LOVE evernote. But I can't understand the lack of two really basic functions

1) Zoom

Okay you can resize the text with CTRL-+/- but thats NOT a zoom. It is really annoying if you often print you notes. I usually have to print every not two times since I scaled the font-size to 15pt (to have more reading comfort (Macbook Retina)) but if I print the stuff I mostly forget to scale it down again to 11 or 12pt.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this feature and replace the XTR-+/- shortcut with a real zoom.

This is really standard in every normal Programm.

2) Click to edit

Another annoying issue on the mobile Version (Android): Why is there a difference between View-Mode and edit mode? My former notes app was quite crappy but if I clicked somewhere in the note I could directly edit it. The cursor was at the point where I clicked. In Evernote I have to clik "menu button", click edit button and then (I really HATE this) it goes back to the beginning of the note. And I have notes with a lot of pages (I use note for almost everything).

This is completley non-intuitive

thanks & regards, Dave

PS: Why do I have to choose a plattform here? I guess the mentioned problems are cross plattform...

• 5 months later...

Totally agree that zoom should be part of Evernote on Windows 8 for Desktop. I would like to add to this that touch-to-scroll should be supported as well!

The competition, *cough* Onenote *cough*, has this totally sorted. In light of the fairly popularity of hybrid devices like Surface and Dell's XPS 12, I would highly appreciate if Evernote would optimize the user-experience for us Windows users a bit more.

Ps. I would love to have this feature more than any new additional fancy feature like "presenter" mode!

I agree.

Microsoft has moved completely into 'touch' with Windows 8, and most computers these days sold with Win8 are touch enabled... especially the Surface Pro 3 I am writing this on.

Evernote app has no functionality compared to the full desktop app.

The desktop app is powerful, and needs to be touch enabled (have option to make size of buttons larger, touch scroll, and zoom).

It would also be nice if the left hand navigation bar in Evernote for windows had a bit more differentiation between personal and business areas (similar to the Mac client).

• 7 months later...

Well, it's May of 2015 now. Apparently Evernote is not listening. Not being able to zoom in/out is CRAZY; leaving this off the feature list (regardless of Windows/Mac) is just stupid. It's such a basic function. I'm a premium user, also, and I have to admit to get a bit disenchanted at Evernote in a few areas over the past year. Maybe I'll start looking at converters for Evernote to OneNote.

• 1 year later...
On 5/16/2015 at 4:53 AM, zworld said:

Well, it's May of 2015 now. Apparently Evernote is not listening. Not being able to zoom in/out is CRAZY; leaving this off the feature list (regardless of Windows/Mac) is just stupid. It's such a basic function. I'm a premium user, also, and I have to admit to get a bit disenchanted at Evernote in a few areas over the past year. Maybe I'll start looking at converters for Evernote to OneNote.

Well, it's May of 2016 now.............................

Archived